Chapter III

-Kobra Kid-

"Mikey...", then her eyes rolled to the back of her head. Party and Fun instantly jumped into action. Kneeling at her side in order to help in any way they could.

I, on the other hand, stood still in shock. She knew my name. Not Kobra Kid, but Mikey. She looked right at me. I haven't been called Mikey in years. Occasionally Party would say my name, but, all of us have gotten so used to our Killjoy titles that that's all we use.

"Kobra, help load her into the car. I do believe this is the Rouge we've been looking for.", Party sighed. There was a look in his eyes. He knew something I didn't. Suddenly Fun grabs Party and pulls him aside. What was I missing?

Ever since the first attack I've had terrible memory loss of any part of my life before becoming Kobra Kid. I had flashes every now and then, but never remembered anything fully. It really sucked with Jet, Party, and Fun would go about on all these memories. They told me what happened and everything, but I just don't remember any of it.

"Come on Kid. Let's load her into the back." Jet said suddenly appearing next to me. I shake my thoughts away, "Yeah, I got her. Just make room please?" Jet nods and I wrap my arms around the girl and carry her in a bridal style. Jet was already in the back and helped me lay her down. I kept her head in my lap in attempt to help her be comfortable.

Soon Fun was in the passenger seat and Party was driving. They both kept looking at each other. What were they talking about before? I'll figure out eventually. Hopefully.

I looked down at the girl, "So, this is the infamous Miss Chief that the good Doctor sent us for?" I asked softly. Beside me Jet shrugs,

"More than likely. She also saved our asses from that explosion. Miss Chief is known as a very good Demolition expert. This has got to be her."

"I'm sure it's her. That's not what I'm worried about. She knew your name Mikey, and I'm sure you don't remember, but that's your faux leather jacket she's wearing.." Party sighed keeping his eyes on the road. His voice was shaking. Cracking, "I'm believe that the girl in your lap is Penelope Daniels. A very old friend of ours." He sighed again.

"No, Penelope...we lost her...and I remember her having short red hair. Not this long blonde hair. Well, she was a natural blonde, but...I could've sworn her dead Party..." Jet argued softly.

"Look at her chest Jet! You think anyone else would have my artwork tatooed?!", Party yelled before suddenly pulling over, "Ghoul...please take the wheel. I can't right now.." Fun nods and the two switch spots. As Parry climbed into the passenger seat her turned to face us three in the back, "That is Penelope. She's alive, for now. We have to get her to the camp. From there I call Defying and you and Fun can get her patched up. We'll get her to a proper medic tomorrow. Okay? We're not losing her again...I won't be able to deal with that."

It got quiet then and I found myself looking at the tattoo on her chest. It did look like something my brother would draw. Penelope. As I thought of that name so many flashes appeared. Laughter. Happiness. Love... "My head..." I groan involuntary aloud. Party looks at me with hopeful eyes,

"Do you remember something? Do you remember Penelope..?", his voice cracked again and much to his disappointment I shook my head,

"I'm sorry, she rings a bell...but I don't remember her..."

---------

I AM SO SORRY.

I'VE BEEN WORKING ON OTHER STORIES AND TOTALLY SPACED ON THIS ONE.

NO LONGER. I SHALL CONTINUE ON.

(Pic resembles Miss Chief btw)