Chapter V

Miss-Chief's P.O.V

"Thank you Frankie. Not that you'll now it's gone," I smile softly as I place a gentle kiss against his forehead and make my way from his small living area, his guitar in hand.

From there I tread carefully and quietly to the roof. By the time I got there I began to regret not bringing a coat. It was slowing growing dark, and with the night sky came a soft chill.

I went to the edge, and took a seat. I couldn't help it. Memories, flashbacks. All of it. Mikey screaming from the second floor banister. The black bag being thrown over my face. Living for years on my own. Finding the guys in some freak accident. Everything was supposed to be better. I had found my family again. My home.

My heart was finally where it belonged, but not in the right way. He was right there in front of me. All I wanted to do was hold him. I wanted his arms around me. Just like it used to be, but I guess it's still true. Never get your hopes up in the zones. Nothing will ever be the same again. Ever.

It kills me knowing that. Knowing Mikey doesn't remember me.

"I still love you. I will always be in love with you..." I whisper softly to the wind. My brief confession being carried off to the skies. Being heard by no one else besides me.

I set the guitar on my lap as my legs dangled over the edge. I began strumming softly and eventually my voice rang out just as soft,

'He said, "Let's get out of this town,
Drive out of the city, away from the crowds."
I thought heaven can't help me now.
Nothing lasts forever, but this is gonna take me down...'

"Oooh! Mikey and Penelope sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-ooof!", I cut off Frank by throwing one of the many scattered pillows from the ground towards him. Gerard, Ray, Mikey, and I started laughing our asses off as Frank went tumbling to the ground.

Later that night, it was just Mikey and I awake. We were wrapped up in blankets and holding each other close, "Would you, ever run away with me if I were to ask?" His question took me by surprise no doubt, but I turned up to look at him, and smiled,

"Just say the words Mikey, and we'll go. I-I love you..." Mikey's eyes widened as a small smile played at his lips. Yeah, that was the first time I said those three specail words. Next thing I know Mikey's soft lips were against mine for a brief moment of bliss,

"I love you too Penelope...never forget that..."

He's so tall and handsome as hell
He's so bad but he does it so well...

"Holy shit..." I breathed out as I walked down the stairs and saw Mikey waiting for me. The other guys were there as well. It was my birthday and we were all going to a fancy dinner.

The guys were all in suits, and just, holy shit. Mikey...His height has got to be one thing I will always find extremely attractive. And the suit on him made my thoughts turn a little, uh, gutter-y. I love the suit ON him, but fuck, taking it off of him...

"Penelope, love, breathe." Gerard chuckled pulling me from my thoughts. I blushed and cleared my throat as we began to pile into the car. Mikey pulled me aside briefly and whispered in my ear before getting in,

"Don't worry. I'd love to see you out of that dress too babe"

I blush more and get in the car.

I can see the end as it begins..
My only condition is...
Say you'll remember me
Standing in a nice dress,
Staring at the sunset, babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks
Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your
Wildest dreams, ah-ha ohh,

I lost it then. I couldn't sing anymore. My fingers were shaking. The chords coming out wrong.

The tears were flowing freely now.

"Miss-Chief? What are you doing out here?" I jump slightly at the sound of Mikey's voice, "Is that Fun's guitar? Does he know you have it?"

"Trust me..Franki...Fun won't mind.." I whisper softly, pulling myself from the ledge and standing up.

"Wait a minute..." He grabs my arm. Stopping me from walking by, "Have you been crying..?"

"What me? Crying? Nah, you gotta have..."

"A heart to feel pain..." He mumbled in a confused tone, "How did I know that?"

"Because you used to tell me that to help me through he said she said bullshit of high school...you're my best friend you know..."

"I'm, I'm sorry...I don't remember any of that..."

"It's uh, it's okay.." I offer a small smile and went to excuse myself when I'm pushed up against the brick wall leading to the stairs. I gasp softly as I look up at Mikey, "What, what are you doing?!"

"Trying something..." and then, for the first time in years. Mikey Way kissed me.