Chapter II

Miss-Chief

Trying to add time to an explosive so you can get out alive isn't fun. Can you guess what I'm doing?

Trying to add time to an explosive so I can make it out alive.

The timing was perfect originally, but a few pesty Dracs got involved and I have three minutes before this bomb takes out a ten block radius.

After fiddling with a few wires I gave myself two more minutes. Thank God. I just might make it out alive.

Was the timer read five minutes and started counting down I stood up and booked it. I ran as fast as my stubby legs could allow.

I made it outside in just under a minute, I ran to my bike. Yes, I was able to save a motorcycle through all this chaos. Beth is my baby.

After about a minute of stalling Beth finally roared to life. As I sped out of Battery City with just under three minutes to spare a Trans Am passed me in a flash. It was obvious the person driving wasn't a Drac or related to Better Living in any way.

That's a problem, cause whoever it is. They are heading straight for a building that's going to crumble any second now.

"Dammit"

I curse under my breath turning around quickly I began to tail the car.

Eventually I pulled up next to the drivers window. I reached out and kicked the door to get the drivers attention.

The man turned to me and his eyes widen in surprise.

"TURN AROUND!"

I scream over the screaming engines of Beth and the Trans Am.

Getting a better look I realize there's someone in the passenger seat too. The driver looked at me in confusion. Obviously he couldn't hear me.

Fuck.

I groan and decide to risk it.

I pull Beth farther forward and when a good distance I'm front of the car...

I turn sharply and park right in their way.

There was a loud screech as the driver hit the brakes. He stepped out and started shouting about how crazy I was. I rolled my eyes and was about to explain everything when I looked around then at my watch,

"SHIT! GET DOWN!"

I scream.

Boom.

The explosion sent me flying. I don't know where I landed. All I knew was that I was in pain. The last thing I see is a familiar poker face looking down at me.

I found myself cracking a soft smile as I mutter what I believed to be my last words,

"Mikey..."

Then? My world fell into a dark abyss of nothing. Yet, the smile remain on my face. I guess I was okay with dying if I got to see Mikey one last time...