four

Clarke hates this place, her life, her job, her father's journal, Frostford, dust, snow, sweaters- the list goes on a long way, really.

Can you blame her, though? She has one job and doesn't even manage that.

She just needs to hang the sweaters up on the railing of the porch but drops them instead and has to walk through the thigh-high snow to retrieve them. She just needs to get them clean and ready to wear again but causes them to be irreversibly wet instead.

When she gets back inside, Lexa is just coming downstairs, stopping in her tracks upon seeing Clarke with her drenched fresh clothes and a frustrated expression. "Oh God, you're cursed with bad luck today, huh?"

"I didn't take the walk through the snow voluntarily," Clarke murmurs. "Fuck. I wish I had never come here. I'm sorry, your sweaters are going to take a while to dry."

"That's okay."

"Not really."

"Look, I know your day was planned differently and I'm sorry it went this way, but uh- if you're ready to lower your standards from a 5-star spa to a... 0.5-star spa, I could help you out."

"What do you mean, want me to take another bath in the snow?"

"Not exactly. I don't know if you knew, but actually, I recently opened a spa myself. Come on," Lexa says and motions for Clarke to come upstairs. Hesitantly, Clarke follows her into the bathroom.

When she steps in, she can't believe her eyes. It's lit softly with at least a dozen candles, a hot, steamy bath is warming the air, there's a tray with a glass of wine and a cookie and Clarke laughs when she recognizes the bright 2-in-1 bodywash and shampoo in a prettier little container. "What are you doing, Lexa?"

"Welcome to Lexa Woods' spa, the best and only you'll find up here," Lexa says with a grin. "Instead of something boring like a New York City view, we offer an exclusive view on the plain wall. For the special customer Clarke, it takes five minutes to get on the most wanted waiting list. I cannot offer a raven, but there's a plastic owl."

Clarke laughs harder and she facepalms to hide her flattered blush. "Seriously?"

"Oh but most seriously. Can I take the lady's coat?"

Clarke wiggles her eyebrows playfully. "Wanna take my clothes off already?"

"What can I say, Lexa Woods' spa offers special services."

With a wide grin, Clarke looks around the bathroom again and says, "Oh God, I really do love you. You didn't have to do this."

"It's the least I can do."

"For what, me making your vaccuum cleaner go boom and covering your kitchen in dust?"

Lexa shrugs. "You did it in a very charming way. Now go take a bath and relax."

"Thank you."

Clarke gets on her tiptoes to give Lexa's cheek a kiss, and Lexa smiles weakly. "Don't thank me before you have completed your spa experience."

-

Ten minutes into soaking in the complete dream of a hot bath, it knocks at the door. Clarke straightens up. "Lexa?"

"Not many other people around here, I'm afraid. Are you covered up with bubbles?"

Clarke looks down at herself and realizes that under the absolute massive amount of bubbles, it'd be difficult not to be covered. "Yeah. You can come in."

The door opens and Lexa comes inside, clearing her throat. "Sorry to interrupt your stay, my lady, but I forgot to offer uh- what did you call it- to offer you a... facial?"