ten

Clarke has never been squeezed in a snowplow with three other people and two suitcases, but it's certainly worth a ride.

She's still glad to be in the heart of Frostford, at Lexa's sweet inn when they arrive there. The building is large, but not NYC kind of large. Very small-town kind of large. A big house, perhaps a small mansion with a path freed of snow, a wooden door with a wreath of holly, sided by two white-painted pillars. The entire house is painted a tasteful mix of white and dark blue, shutters beige and windows decorated, a bay window at each side of the building on both floors.

There seems to be an attic too, a beautiful top of the inn, with a bay window in the middle too.

The whole building is lit with warm Christmas lights, but not like Clarke is used to from New York suburbs. They're placed decently and beautifully, and it makes the inn look like a Christmas dream.

Clarke says this before entering.

Once she has entered, she never wants to leave again.

The reception hall isn't a common room like she's seen in inns before, or a huge hall like it is in resorts. The middle part of the inn has a ceiling so high, Clarke doesn't think there's a first and second floor at all. On each side, wooden stairs go up to each floor, inside balconies serving as the entry to the hallways.

There's the reception counter in one corner and the rest of the space is used for sofas, armchairs and couch tables. It's the most beautiful interior design Clarke has seen in a long time, and she really loves scrolling through Pinterest pictures of pretty places, or decorating her own apartment.

This is competing with Hogwarts and Santa's north pole in cozy levels.

The couches are light brown and dark blue, the armchairs a deep red, all illuminated by a fireplace much bigger than the one in Lexa's cabin.

The space isn't technically that large, it still has a very homely atmosphere, but the high ceiling makes the whole room seem much bigger.

In the back, there's a tall Christmas tree, though it's still entirely undecorated. A sign next to it reads 'Christmas tree decorating Wednesday 10.12' and that's the first place Clarke notices it's a small-town inn, not a tourist's hotel.

The second place is the shelf filled with games, labelled 'board and card games to borrow'.

The third, the cookies and simple jugs of what Clarke assumes some warm beverage- hot cocoa, tea, coffee, apple cider. Something that everyone in the reception hall just takes from without any form of payment.

Clarke assumes it's what Lexa meant with 'we don't take money for everything here'.

"Lexa!" someone suddenly calls out and a small child runs towards Lexa dangerously fast. Lexa grins and kneels to meet the girl, hugging her tightly once she's crashed into Lexa's arms.

"Hi."

"I missed you so much. I have so many drawings you need to see!"

"That's awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing them." Lexa effortlessly picks the girl up- maybe between 5 and 6 years old- and says, "Isn't it far past your bedtime?"

Clarke realizes she never asked if Lexa has a family. From the looks of it and the age, this could easily be her daughter.

Fuck. Clarke didn't even ask if Lexa was missing anyone in town, she was only ever complaining about Finn Collins. Who the fuck is he compared to a daughter?

"Nope! Ever since the refugees came, mom let me stay up later to play with my friends!"

Lexa looks at Anya and raises a brow. "Refugees?"