seven

Lexa, dressed wholly and entirely again, makes breakfast when they come back while Clarke sets the table. "So, why are you awake so early killing yourself in ice water?"

"I like to wake up early."

"Five in the morning? And then cutting a hole in a frozen lake to go swimming?"

"Well, I may or may not have consumed too much horror novel yesterday, so my dreams weren't that pleasant. I got up early and wanted to take a bath to take my mind off things. Have you ever taken an ice bath? They're so refreshing. I love them. My entire body feels reborn right now."

Clarke raises her brows. "I'm not sure I want to try."

"You should. We can go again today, as long as the hole stays unfrozen. Not naked, for a change," she grins.

"Okay. But we're making sure there are a hundred blankets to come home to before."

"Yes. Plus a warm fireplace and dry clothes."

"Sounds awesome. Not the ice swimming. But the fireplace and the dry clothes."

"You know what we can also do, now that you mention clothes? Retrieve your luggage. I don't know why John isn't up here yet, but if he takes any longer with removing the snow and saving us, we better get your stuff."

"Oh. Right. I completely forgot that still exists. You think my car hasn't drowned in the snow yet?"

"Probably not. Hopefully. Let's go after breakfast and go to the pond then, then we can hole up in the warm for the rest of the day after the ice bath."

"Sounds awesome," Clarke repeats. "Again, not the ice bath, but the breakfast and the luggage retrieval."

-

"Two suitcases? For- for two days? But Clarke-"

"I know, I know, looking into your closet I realized this might seem ridiculous."

"Seem?"

Clarke takes the second suitcase and together, they carry them from Clarke's little car (actually, now that Clarke looks at it again, it's kind of sweet. It fits to the cabin and the knitted sweaters so well) to Lexa's little cabin.

"Okay, so, I have a confession to make," Clarke sighs after heaving it on the porch.

"And what would that be?"

"I have no clothes for a simple small town. I'm used to the Fashion Week and outdressing people at the office and nights in or out- silk pijamas and pretty dresses, respectively. Not- not necessarily this. I don't own a single knitted sweater. I have some jeans, sure, but I wasn't sure what to bring to make it appropriate."

"So you brought everything?"

"This is not everything in my closet."

"Of course it isn't. I mean- make yourself at home in my closet I guess? You know, if my clothes are more comfortable, serve yourself. I have a washing machine in the basement, that won't be the problem."

"You're an angel," Clarke beams. "If you ever feel like fancy dress, serve yourself too. Although I brought more cozy dresses than fancy ones."

"Cozy dresses?"

"Okay so, there was this amazing fall collection this year with woolen dresses and I bought two and they're heavenly. Comfortable, too!"

"What a crazy bonus."

Clarke laughs and jabs Lexa with her elbow. "Stop making fun of my clothes."

Lexa grins and raises her hands. "Fine, fine."