Prologue

It was a beautiful night, the sky a deep purple with the dark clouds providing a nice contrast to the sky. The wind rushed behind the windows, a cold autumn breeze squeezing its way through the cracks of the Roaring. Its occupants were two giants and two cats who lay beside each other.

The two rested in the back of the Roaring, tightly resting beside one another as they smiled warmly. They were returning home to their children, and frankly, they couldn't wait. They stayed close to one another, grooming each other with soft purrs, they felt as though life could not improve from this very moment.

Although the two loved the moment, they couldn't wait to return home to their children. They longed to tell them about their day, knowing they'd love the story they had to tell.

As the couple sat together, they suddenly felt a large bump from outside the Roaring, the male lifted his head to see what the cause was. He saw several lights rushing towards their Roaring and heard the skidding of tires trying to brake, and panicked shouts from the Giants who operated the machine. The male anticipated what was coming and stood above his mate to protect her.

The female shouted, "Ashton!" before the Roaring impacted with another. The sounds of metal colluding with metal and glass shattering filled Ashton's ears, his breathing heavy and quick.

He fell back, rolling to the other side of the Roaring's backseat, he felt glass scraping and cutting parts of his body. The pain didn't matter to him, he rushed forward once the Roaring had stopped rolling, he grabbed his mate and looked into her closed eyes.

"Hey... Faron, it's okay... you can get up." He whispered, shaking her body in fear. He felt her blood pouring from her body, and the shard of glass protruding from the back of her head. Ashton could only stare at his mate's lifeless body, he didn't know how to feel. One part of him was devastated that his mate was gone, and the other part needed to remain calm when he told his children what had happened. Ashton's mind was racing before he was hit in the head with a tire from the opposing Roaring that had hit them, flying through the torn open roof. He felt his skull crack, his blood blurring his vision. He tried to reach out for Faron, but at that point, the young cat was already dead. The couple lie deceased, just inches away from each other, and their owners in front of them.