Chapter 11

A feeling of weightlessness overtook every inch of his body, it felt like floating in a gentle river. As his eyes opened, the clear sky filled his vision, he hovered through the water that he had always seen in his dreams. He slid toward the bank, washing up on the muddy ground, he took deep breaths, feeling as though his life was slipping through his mind.
A groan escaped his throat, he felt sick, exhausted. He slowly got up, looking around and sighing.
"Alone... again. Even in death, this dream is empty..."
He dropped his head down, beginning to cry, his throat closing up as he hiccuped with emotion. "Oh, God... Ant, Cricket, I'm so sorry... Please, Pure, have mercy with them..."

"Woah, I've never seen you cry like that." A familiar voice rang out to him, forcing Paris' head to turn to it.
There stood Ash, seemingly older and taller. He seemed calm, smiling gently at his younger brother. "I get it, being here sucks. Calm down, though."
Paris shrieked out his name, running over and attempting to wrap his arms around him, phasing straight through his brother.
Ash laughed softly, turning to face him again. "Yeah, sorry. I... you're not dead."

"What..? But I-"
"I know, but this isn't what Heaven looks like."
"How am I... living then?"
"Well, you aren't alive either." Ash explained. "I think this is like Liminality. I can't see you, I wish I could though. You sound older, I wish I could see you now..."
"You look good, for being dead..." Paris joked, letting the tears fall as he stared into his brother's eyes. He hadn't heard his voice in years, he finally understood why he was here.

"Well, thanks, but falling down a cavern isn't a fun way to go. Man, what's with our family and falling to death?"
"Aha... Ash, can I ask you something?"
"Of course."
"Is it okay to be this scared? I-... I can't stop shaking, I'm terrified..."

Ash smiled at him, reaching out where he thought Paris was sitting. The younger feline reaching up and rubbing against Ash's paw.
"Of course it is. You're allowed to be scared, but don't stop fighting."
"What?"
"You think I haven't been watching you? I've never seen someone fight like that before, but you're insane."

"I'm sorry, Ash, but I couldn't let him win."
"Then don't."

Ash reached into his chest, grunting in pain as he pulled out an orb of light, holding in front of himself. "I want - nhg - you to take this, my soul... if you win, it'll be returned to me..."
"No, Ash, I-"
"Take it, Paris! You need to win this, for everyone!" He shouted, thrusting the orb into Paris' heart. He felt new energy and power flow through him, watching as Ash's spirit began to fade away.
"No! Wait!" He cried, reaching out to him before tripping on the ground, the dreamscape beginning to fade into white. "Ash! I have more to say! I-... I'll win!" He screamed.

His eyes shot open, and he breathed heavily as his vision was fixated on the flying arena he had previously fallen from. He saw the vague figure of Pure standing at the edge, peering over it.
"Paris!" Ant cried out, standing beside his body. The kitten pressed his muzzle against his cheek, crying tears of joy.
"Hey, Ant... has he been up there this whole time?"
"He has, and we're not sure what to do now. We thought you died, and we thought it was over..." Cricket whispered, poking at the pool of Paris' blood on the ground.
"Oh, is that mine? That's a lot..."
"It is, but you're okay," spoke Raiverin, stepping over to the trio. "I cannot directly interfere with mortal feuds, but I can offer you a power higher than Purity's."
"I'll take anything, we can't let him do this."
Raiverin nodded, putting his paws together and pointing them toward Paris.
"Avanti sero, juto no veno, True ino." He chanted, a deep purple smoke flowing towards him and absorbing into his body.
Paris could feel his form changing, his pelt becoming pure white, a black mask-like marking forming around his eyes. Wherever he looked, he saw a yellow aura of pure energy shining off the ground.
"You are the True Purity, you are Heaven. This power can only remain in you for fifteen minutes, any longer and it will destroy you from the inside-out. When you are finished with Purity, or your time is up, repeat the phrase "allurno savas"."
True nodded, looking up at the arena and crouching down, preparing to shoot off and defeat Pure. His legs filled wth power as he rocketed off the ground toward Pure.

"Go, Paris! You can do it!" Cheered Ant, followed by a cry of celebration from Cricket.