Chapter 12

He grabbed onto the ledge, hoisting himself up and staring daggers into Pure, his body filled with power and conviction.
"You're alive? That fall would have killed any mortal."
"Good thing that I'm not then, huh?"
Pure laughed softly, shaking his head, and he began taking steps toward True. "Confident, but I assure you, that means nothing when facing a demon."

"That so? Then I guess you'll need something else too." True smirked, getting in Pure's face. "We can stop here, but know this, whatever your decision is, this will be the end."

Pure licked his jaw, digging his claws into the ground. "Very well, you know what I choose." He whispered, shooting out a powerful shockwave, causing True to wobble, but able to stay upright. As the white feline glanced up, he understood Pure's trick.

He spun around, faster than he ever had before, it seemed like everything was moving slowly. Pure prepared for another swift kick, but True countered with a shockwave of his own. He grabbed Pure by the chest, sending energy into his body, causing the demon to shoot onto the ground. He rolled across the arena, clawing into the dirt to stop his momentum. Pure grinned wide, wiping his mouth and standing up slowly. "So, you really are like me. We can do this together, you know."
"Don't kid yourself."

"Worth a shot." Pure laughed, warping beside True and hitting him over the head, but before he could perform his follow-up, True bit deep into his neck. The demon coughed, spewing out blood and shaking his head. True spat out his flesh, sputtering as the bitter taste remained in his mouth.

"Don't get cocky, you haven't seen anything yet." Pure rushed forward, slamming True onto the dirt with a shock, leaving a small crater. He reached under him, forcing him high into the air before warping on top of him, kicking True down into the crater, only making it larger. As the feline was down, Pure repeatedly kicked his head in, screaming with fury.

True gripped the ground, enduring every second of pain and each wave of hurt that strung through his very being. His claws sticking into the earth, he seemed to blink and was just a few inches above Pure. "I'll use your technique too, I'm not opposed to playing dirty!" He teased, kicking straight down onto Pure's spine and forcing a shockwave out that sent his demonic relative to the ledge of the flying arena. Pure began to climb back up but was met with another shockwave, shooting him off of the ledge. He expected to fall peacefully, yet True warped just in front of him to blast him down the hundred-foot gap.

"Have a nice fall, see you at the bottom!" spoke True as Pure flew down to the ground. The white feline warped to meet him there, looking over at his companions.

"Hey, don't worry anymore, I can do this!" He smiled, his warm and friendly self was still inside this determined fighting machine.

"That's not what we're worried about - look out!"

"Huh? Oh, shit!" He shrieked, attempting to warp but being tackled by Pure instead. The two tumbled along the snow-covered field, the frozen dust coating the both of them. Pure kept his grip on True, his claws piercing deep into his shoulders.

"Get... off of me!" True yelped, emanating a shock that forced Pure away, landing a couple of inches short of True's impact.

"Why can't you see?! This will benefit everyone, you don't even know what Shifting is!"

"I don't care what it is, if it alters this world, I want nothing to do with it!"

"You stubborn bastard! I'll kill you if that's what it takes to achieve my goal!"

"Spoken like a true Mayflower, you're just like Ashton."

"Don't compare me to him! He was weak, and you pitied him! Don't give me the same treatment, strike me down as if I killed your brother!"