13

I went back to the arcade after a few hours to see Hyunsoo gearing up again. I stopped in my tracks as I watched him grab his staff. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"Eun-Hyuk wants me to grab a few things." He answered.

I grabbed my fan from the counter and waited for us to walk out the door.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm coming with you, you're never going alone anymore." I told him, being the first to walk out the door and waited for him to follow me. "Are you coming or what?"

He lead the way towards the stairs until I was stopped by Doyung. "Wait, Minji-."

"What?" I snapped at him. He took a deep breath as he bit the inside of his cheek. "Be safe, alright?" He said.

I blinked twice at him and then gave him a genuine smile and nodded then followed Hyunsoo.

We lead the way outside to the stairs to avoid any monsters getting in our way. We climbed the stairs up as he tied a string onto anything he can and continued walking. Me following behind tried not the get in the way of the string that was also connected to him.

We got inside at some point and tied strings up in there. I helped him this time, as they all zigzagged across each other.

We ducked under them as we made our way down the hallway, getting our weapons ready for any monsters to jump out in front of us.

Hyunsoo was given keys to multiple different apartments since he had a list of what everyone had asked him to retrieve. 

I stood guard as he looked around. I held open my fan until I heard him call out to me.

"Um, Minji?"

"Yeah?"

"Uh...what do pads look like?"

I had to process on what he said and when I did, I couldn't help but chuckle and walk into the bathroom to find him kneeling on the floor. "Surely she would have a new pack." I muttered as I searched each cupboard. Bingo. I took it from the shelf and shoved it in his bag. "Is that everything?"

He nodded shyly as the lightest shade of red spread across his cheeks. I giggled at his shyness and lead the way to the exit until he stopped me and pulled me to his chest. I stopped breathing for a moment. I could feel his heart beating rapidly in his chest. "Hang on." He whispered and I came back from a trance I didn't know I was in.

"What is it?" I hissed back.

"Something is out there."

I listened carefully until I heard multiple balloons pop, making flinch with each second pop and I felt myself sink back into Hyunsoo's chest.

Hyunsoo reached for the door handle but before he could open it and walk out, it felt like a big gust of air pushed us out and against the wall.

I banged my head against the bricks making me go unconscious for a few minutes until I felt Hyunsoo shake me awake. I winced in pain as I lifted me head to look at him. A look of relief washed over his face and he brought me in for a tight hug.

A whoosh sound came from all over the place until glass shattered loudly. I gave out a little scream and hid myself into Hyunsoo's shoulder and he held onto me tightly, afraid that I'll disappear once he lets go.

I held onto his neck as he breathed quite heavily. I wonder what he saw and I'm too afraid to look up to see for myself. "Wait here, I'm not gonna go far." He whispered to me as he unwrapped my arms from him and I felt him stand up. I wanted to as well, but my head told me to stay down.

I groaned feeling like complete shit because I couldn't do anything to help him. 

I heard his weapon zapping from different places and buildings crumbling down and I reminded myself Hyunsoo cannot die.

It went quiet after that and I felt like going back to sleep but Hyunsoo knelt down beside me. "Woah, hey, you can't close your eyes." He said gently as he cupped my cheek into his hand. I slowly opened them to his his concerned face. His brown eyes shining with worry. He sighed and turned around. "Get on my back, I'll carry you."

"What about your bag?" I asked sleepily.

"You'll have to have it on your shoulders."

I slowly pulled the bag onto my shoulders and climbed onto his back and he groaned while standing up. "I'm not too heavy for you?" I asked as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Not at all." He said. "Just don't fall asleep on me."

I nodded softly as he made his way back to the ground floor.

Minutes passed and my eyes felt super droopy. 

"Are you still with me?" Hyunsoo asked with a slight chuckle. I hummed in response.

He pushed open the door and then stopped in his tracks. 

I lifted my head slightly so see a monster all covered with hair and a women beating it with a pole. 

"Mr Kim." Hyunsoo whispered under his breath.

He let go of my legs that were around his waist and I fell to the ground, making my head throb. "Hyunsoo what the hell." I groaned. I glanced up at him noticed he was in a trance.

I quickly got up, ignoring the pain and held his shoulders only to see his eyes had fully turned black. 

"Hyunsoo, come back to me." I whispered, holding his cheek in my hand like he did to me. "Please, come back."

His eyes came back to normal and it took him a second to realize what happened before he walk away, not saying a word to me.