the boat

"It's kind of a smuggler's boat," John B mutters as he nods towards a boat across the dock. The sun was shining and the thick smell that stuck around after a storm filled the air. I looked around the docks observing everyone trying to fix the damage.

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink," JJ says as he stands in the middle of the boat as I lean on the edge.

"He doesn't have insurance," John B shrugs.

"Sounds like his own issue then." I mutter and John B nods.

We start moving towards Miss Amy who is picking up rubbish. I roll my eyes, seeing JJ's face light up with the woman's presence, despite her being many meters away.

"Hi, Miss Amy! You guys get through it?" JJ shouts towards her, fixing his hair as he does.

"Did she make it through it, she's standing right there" I mutter making John B laugh.

"Still here," she calls back and I roll my eyes

"She totally looked at me," JJ says smugly. Looking at John B, I roll my eyes again as I trace my teeth with my tongue.

JJ's gaze flickers to me and he smiles slightly when he sees my anger.

"I saw it," John B nods.

"Did you see it Sky?" JJ asks looking at me, knowing he is winding me up.

"I thought she looked at John B but maybe it's just the angle" I shrug making JJ's face twitch with annoyance.

Bitch deserves it.

"Dude, look at this place" John B says changing the subject.

"Agatha, what did you do?" JJ laughs as he looks about at the mess.

"She is a crazy lady," John B says making me cringe inside.

"We'll be cleaning this all summer" JJ groans and I sigh.

"That is my nightmare." John B sighs.

"Get the kooks on it, they don't do shit anyway so might as well get them good at something" I shrug.

"Well, look who we have here." JJ speaks up as we spot the boy holding a bucket standing outside his fathers shop.

As we move closer to the boy he spots me and points a finger in my direction. "He's gonna kill you," Pope says with a smile.

"Is he open today?" I ask nervously.

"Not anymore, he was going to but someone didn't show up," he says with an even bigger smile.

"Shit man, who opens after a hurricane?" I mutter.

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." John B says with a static sound.

"I can't. My pop's got me on lockdown. And you need to escape before he locks you in as well" Pope looks back at me.

"Come on, man," JJ holds his cheek to his shoulder and copies the sound, "Your dad's a pussy. Over"

Heyward walks out from behind the boards making me look away trying to hide my face. "Oh, I heard that, you little bastard."

"We need your son," John B asks nicely.

"Well I need that girl, to come and work for me like I pay her to do," Heyward says clearly sick of this shit.

"Come on Heyward I help you loads more than I get paid to,"

"Helping more than you're paid to my ass" Heyward responds quickly.

"Yeah anyway, island rules. Day after a hurricane's a free day." JJ responds.