20

I felt dizzy as soon as the words left my mouth. I felt an overwhelming sensation of guilt and relief. Neither one of us had moved.

I couldn't believe I said it. I had no idea how he even felt about me, and I just completely changed everything between us.

He stared intently into my eyes, and just when I thought he was never going to say anything, his eyes darkened. He leaned in, his lips brushing against my ear, "It's taking every ounce of strength I have, to not push you up against this wall and make love to you." Joe muttered.

Oh.

I let out a small whimper as my knees began to buckle underneath me. Luckily, I had most of my weight against the wall.

"Joe." I whispered. His lips brushed against my ear, making my whole body tremble. This was wrong and I knew it.

"I'm still in love with you Trinity. I never stopped." He said.

I felt tears threaten to spill out. Hearing those words come from his mouth felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

He still loved me.

He took a step away from me and I already missed the feeling of him. He let a long sighed and glanced at the door, "they are going to start to get suspicious. We need to go back out there."

I had no idea how I was supposed to just go on with my night after what just happened. Everything was different now. Joe and I admitted our feelings for each other, and tomorrow Nick would arrive.

What was I supposed to do now?

I felt uneasy when I joined Danielle in the kitchen. Joe waited a few minutes before going back into the living room to see Kevin. Danielle eyed me suspiciously as I quietly began to clean up again.

"You okay Trin?" Danielle asked me. Surely I looked as flustered as I felt.

I smiled as sincerely as I could and nodded, "I'm fine."

As much as I wished I had someone to confide in about this whole situation, I just couldn't bring myself to tell her. She's the one that told me to be careful around Joe in the first place. I'm not so sure she'd be happy with me right now if she knew what just happened.

"Well I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to." She said with a warm smile.

"Thank you." I said to her.

After we finished cleaning up, we ate some dinner and waited for me to feel good enough to drive home. I hadn't seen Joe since our moment in the bathroom, and I wasn't sure if I should find him to say goodbye or not. So I just said my goodbyes to Danielle before getting bundled up again and headed out to my Jeep. It was covered up with a fresh few inches of snow. I hopped in and started it and grabbed my snow brush and began to brush the snow off the outside of the windshield. Just as I was almost finished, Joe walked out of the house. He swiftly threw on his jacket as he made his way over to me.

"Heading home?" He questioned.

I nodded as I stood before him, awkwardly holding my snow brush. He reached over and brushed a piece of snow off of my cheek. I watched him as he made the simple gesture that made my stomach flutter.

"Trinity... I don't know where we go from here. But I want to say something to you." He said, his face serious.

Suddenly, I was nervous for what he was about to say. But I nodded anyway, eager to know.

"I stayed away, because I wanted you and Nick to be happy. I accepted the fact that you chose him, because I thought he was good for you. But, I don't think that anymore." I watched him intently as he thought of his words carefully, "he can't give you the future you want. The future you deserve... but I can. And I want to."

My breath caught at his words. He wanted a future with me.

"Joe." I said as a tear escaped and slowly rolled down my cheek.

"You don't have to decide anything right now." He said.

I shook my head, "I love you both." I felt ashamed to say it out loud to him. But he nodded in understanding.

"I know." He said, "and no matter what, I'll always be here for you."

He says that, but I don't see a way for this to end where the two brothers are still in my life. No matter what I choose, I just know I'm going to lose one of them forever.