19

Eryn let Lucinda slide her lips along her throat as she settled Lucinda's legs over her hips. They approached Luce's bedroom, stopping in front of two guards posted outside the room. Luce locked her ankles around Eryn's waist like a vice. It took a lot of control not to peel Luce from her. She reminded herself it was for the sake of the mission.

Sagan tugged on Luce's hair, pulling it out the pins and letting the soft curls fall around her face. She glanced at Eryn and urged her on, they needed to be as believable as possible. It'd be more dangerous if they fought their way to the mermaids.

Eryn internally sighed. She used one hand to support Luce's weight as the other tangled into her hair, tugging on it softly. "Are you sure they're not going to listen in?" Eryn whispered, running her tongue up the length of Luce's neck, a sign of dominance. Her tongue stung from the heavy coat of perfume she spritzed on her neck.

"That's never stopped you before," Luce smirked.

Eryn chuckled, pushing her annoyance down. She was usually good at putting a mask on, adopting a necessary persona. She couldn't understand why she was so angry at the thought of having to seduce Luce. It wasn't the first time she and Luce were intimate before... Perhaps because Eryn related the past version of herself to Luce, it bothered her. She didn't want to fall into old habits. She wasn't Luce's little lapdog anymore, waiting for Hades to return home.

"With the things I'm going to do to you, I think it'd be best if they didn't hear." Eryn drew her lips back, baring her fangs.

"The door, Luce," Sagan interrupted. She raised her head and glared at Eryn, giving an expression that made her lift her brow.

"Key card," Luce moaned and Eryn planted kisses along her neck and jaw, "it's in the usual spot."

Sagan rolled her eyes. She reached inside Luce's breasts without hesitation and pulled out a black silky card.

Luce cupped Eryn's face and leaned in. Eryn turned her cheek as Luce's lips landed on her jaw. Luce frowned and turned her head to the guards. "You can go to the ballroom and let me or Amara know if something comes up." She reached over and grabbed Sagan's jaw. She brought her lips to her.

"Wait until we're inside," Sagan winked, approaching the door and sliding the card against the reader. She threw the door open and whistled softly, "Nice digs."

Eryn didn't bother looking around. She brought Luce to her bed and tossed her on it. Luce giggled and tugged Eryn closer by her stretched lobes. A shudder of pleasure ran down her back, followed by instant revulsion. Luce was sorely mistaken if she was trying to get lucky.

Luce deftly undid Eryn's shift buttons one by one as she planted kisses along her collarbone. Eryn squeezed her eyes shut. She pushed down her anger and glared at Sagan.

Sagan met her gaze and nodded. The next part of their plan was now going to begin.

↭↭↭

Chris slid a worried gaze over to Lance from across the room. He searched for Denali and didn't feel anything. They were both caught up in different conversations. Minerva held Chris down in conversations. Simon was droning on and on about some story Lance lost track of a while ago.

If any of them left the other clan members would know something was up. No fights could happen in Luce's territory. The vampires would side with whichever Lucinda wanted. Lance wasn't sure if Lucinda would go against Chris. He noted the vampires who were aligned with Chris and him were noticeably absent. No doubt thanks to Luce's quick thinking.

"I wonder if Lucinda will bring out the mermaids soon. Would you be sharing yours?" Simon ran his tongue over his sharpened teeth, "she smelled positively exquisite."