I Take My Driver's Test 4 Years Early

Look, being a half-blood is one of the worst things you can imagine.

If you seriously think that being a half-blood is one of the coolest things on Earth, trust me; it fucking ain't. Nothing's cool about being hunted down all your life or being forced into deadly fights against gods, monsters, or even Titans.

You want my advice? Close the app and turn off your phone or tablet right now. Or if you're using your computer for some reason, close the tab of whatever internet browser you're using. Believe whatever bullshit your mom or dad decides to tell you, and live a normal life. Because once you start reading this, there's no stopping what's coming...

You're still here? Alright, your funeral, I guess.

New York City
2006
Theo's POV

My name is Theodore Bartholomew Miller, but I prefer to be called Theo 'cause I don't like being called after the fat green sweater-wearing chipmunk from Alvin and the Chipmunks. I am 12 years old, but I don't know who either of my parents really are.

As far as I know, when I was 2 months old (give or take a week or two) I was dropped off at the front door of an orphanage in Brooklyn in a little bronze crib, with nothing but a necklace with a silver arrowhead attached to a bronze chain and a little piece of parchment that only had my name written: Theo.

A few weeks after that, a man named David Miller arrived at the orphanage, looking for a kid to adopt. See, his wife had died a few years before, and she was pregnant with their kid. David was so excited about being a father, but his hopes and dreams got crushed because a stupid motherfucker driving a semi-truck wasn't looking at the road. David survived the crash with 6 broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, and a few cuts and bruises. But his wife and unborn child weren't so lucky. They both died in the ER.

 They both died in the ER