Chapter 2

Doug's POV

As we're about to enter our dorm room, one guy with a scar on his right eye and a teal green sweater vest stops us.

Guy: Hey - you're the new kid!

Doug: Yes, nice to meet you. I'm Douglas Hawkins, but called me Doug.

I wanted to give him a handshake, but this guy seems to be interested in Jimmy more than me.

Guy: I was talking to his guy, nerd. Get lost!

Doug: Oh, okay!

Just as I go to my dorm, it seems to have two beds: one is being used and one is empty, and I have my luggage beside it. Then one short boy with a pink shirt and blue sweater vest appeared behind me, and I was started.

Boy: Hey, what are you doing? You must be a new kid. I'm Pete Kowalski, and you called me Petey.

Petey offered me a handshake, and I did. He smiled a bit.

Doug: Nice to meet you too, Petey. I'm Douglas Hawkins, Doug for short. Are you my roommate?

Petey: No. I'm only here because I wanted to introduce myself to you. And I just hope Gary didn't do anything stupid to the other kid, as I saw them talking there.

I was surprised that the guy I saw was his friend.

Doug: Wait, that guy with a scar on his eye is Gary?

Petey: Yes, his name is Gary Smith. He's... my good friend.

Doug: That jerk is your friend.

Petey: Yeah, pretty surprising, huh? And you better change your uniform before the teachers come here.

Doug: Okay.

As Petey leaves the room, I change my outfit to the uniform that my mom bought for me. It was a dark teal Bullworth v-neck sweater. Then I wear it with a white shirt, a black and yellow tie, a pair of tan trousers, and brown loafers. As I finished wearing my uniform, someone came into my room. I thought it might be Petey again, but when I turned around, I saw it wasn't Petey but the skinny-looking guy with slick black hair. He wears a dark teal Bullworth v-neck sweater like mine as well. He looks at me and then enters my room, walks to his desk, and tries to find something in it. This guy might be my roommate. Then I talked to him and said,

Doug: Hello, my name is Douglas Hawkins, and you just called me Doug. You must be my roommate.

Then the guy looked at me coldly and said,

Guy: My name is Constantinos Brakus, and don't expect a warm welcome from me.

Doug: No, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new here, that's all.

Constantinos: Okay, but since you're a new kid, you know everything about this school.

Doug: No, I don't know much about it. However, the other new kid named Jimmy told me this is the worst school in the country. Is that true?

Then Constantinos sat on the chair near his desk and said:

Constantinos: Yes. And did you agree to enroll here?

Doug: I didn't say anything. My parents changed jobs all of a sudden, and they didn't say anything to me about it, even if I asked them questions.

Constantinos: Really?

Doug: Yeah, and most of all, they didn't love me at all.

Constantinos: I feel you, man. My parents disliked me too.

And then suddenly, Gary entered the room.

Gary: Hey, new kid. Come over here.

Constantinos: Oh, speak of a devil.