Chapter 5

Doug's POV

I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock on the nightstand beside me. I wear my glasses and turn off the alarm; when I look at it, it's already 7:30 in the morning. I got up from the bed and began to give myself a big morning stretch.

Doug: My next class is nine in the morning, so I have one hour and a half to get there. I still need a shower. Better get my shower supplies.

As I was about to take my shower supplies from my wardrobe, I looked in the mirror and saw how messy my hair was after sleeping at night.

Doug: Woah, it looks like my hair got messy again. Well, at least I didn't sleep on the wrong side of the bed, cuz I'm in a plain mood right now.

Suddenly, I heard my smartphone notification ring. I thought it might be from Ranginald Bagel or Samuel Renisewn talking about how much they miss me since they're the only loser friends to hang out with, but when I looked at my smartphone, it was a message from an unknown number.

Doug: A message from an unknown number... Who could it be?

As I look at the message from my smartphone, it says, "Dear Douglas Hawkins. We would like you to join us, the nerd cliques. Despite your friendship with Gary, we still have another room for you to join, but first, you must pass a test. Come to the library at 3:30 pm after class. Our friend named Algernon will be waiting for you there, and you have to follow him to our hideout, where we're waiting for you. From Earnest Jones, leader of the Nerd Clique"

Doug: What the juice?! We just met; how the juice did he get my phone number?

I don't know how Earnest got my phone number, but I have no time to think since I need to go to school. I decided to do this like it's my new morning routine in Bullworth, unlike at home.

Half an hour after I'm done taking a bath, brush my teeth, wear my school uniform, and do my hair, I'm taking a few of my textbooks and rushing to school. As I was about to walk to my locker, someone pulled me by the collar, causing my body to get hit by the wall. As I was gaining consciousness, I looked at the person who pulled me; it was the same bullies, David and Wade.

Davis: Hey, new nerd, don't think we completely forgot about what your other new friend did to us!

Doug: What are you talking about?

Wade: Cut the crap, dork. You know what we're talking about!

Doug: What?

Davis: We're talking about yesterday!

Doug: Wha-what is this had to do with me?!

Wade: Because of what your friend did, what's his name again?

Doug: Jimmy?

Wade: Yeah. Him. Where is he?

Doug: I don't know!

Davis: If you don't answer us, I'll beat you!

Davis raised his fist and was about to punch me. Is he wanting to beat me up because of what Jimmy did?! As Davis was about to punch me, the prefect came to my aid. About time!

Prefect: Hey, stop that right now!

Wade: Crap! Run, man!

Davis let go of me and ran with Wade. Davis yelled at me while running.

Davis: I'LL BE BACK, NEW KID AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

Davis and Wade ran as the prefect chased after them. I got up and opened my locker to put my textbook and a few of my school supplies before class. Then, I closed my locker and decided to go to the cafeteria to get some breakfast. Most of the food in the cafeteria looks very disgusting, just from how it looks and the flies on it. So, I decided to get some apples and bananas, one of the foods that wasn't looking very disgusting.