Chapter 4

A/N - Italic are thoughts

Doug's POV

As Jimmy and I follow the headmaster and discuss our first day in Bullworth, I tell Dr. Crabblesnitch that it was fine and he was pleased. As we're outside the front school, Dr. Crabblesnitch looks at Jimmy and asks about it.

Jimmy: It's not difficult, but I tried.

Dr. Crabblesnitch: You seem to be making yourself quite comfortable here, my boy.

Jimmy: I'm just trying to fit in.

Dr. Crabblesnitch: By fighting? By making a nuisance of yourself? That is not the Bullworth way, boy.

Jimmy: Yeah, you could've fooled me.

Dr. Crabblesnitch: What?

Jimmy: I said you could have fooled me. This place is full of bullies and maniacs.

Dr. Crabblesnitch: Nonsense. That's just school spirit. High jinks. Why, in my day, we felt nothing of castrating the new boys.

Then I join the conversation.

Doug: Principal Crabblesnitch, bullying is not a school spirit. It's the worst of society. Do you know how many kids took their own lives because of bullying?

Jimmy: Doug's right. This case happens a lot throughout the year.

Dr. Crabblesnitch: That kind of case is nothing to be concerned about, Mr. Hawkins. When I was your age, bullying the new kid was normal.

Doug: Oh cheese, transferring to this school is a big mistake.

Dr. Crabblesnitch: Well, that's too bad because our parents already paid for your education here, and you're already enrolled here. So, learn how to deal with it.

Doug: *sigh* Okay.

Then Dr. Crabblesnitch looked at Jimmy.

Dr. Crabblesnitch: And as for you, I want you to stop this nonsense, Hopkins; I want you to behave yourself. You might learn something.

Jimmy: Fine. Can we go now? Sir.

Dr. Crabblesnitch: On your way.

Dr. Crabblesnitch walks away, and we decide to leave the school. As Jimmy and I were about to leave the school area, a bully came out of the school door.

Bully: Hey! I saw you two sucking up to Crabblesnitch.

Jimmy: What? Shut up!

Doug: No, the principal just wanted to talk to us about our first day in this school, that's all.

Bully: Yeah, right, that's what every new kid would say. Trying to find an excuse to avoid calling themselves a teacher's pet.

Doug: What?!

Jimmy then talks back to the bully.

Jimmy: Shut up, you bitch. Who asked you?

Bully: Screw both of you!

Then I notice something on the bully's hand; it turns out to be the slingshot.

Doug: Jimmy! Be careful! He has a slingshot!

Bully: This is what we do to teachers' pets around here.

The bully proceeded to aim a slingshot at one of us.

Jimmy: You better not!

Then the bully attacks Jimmy with his slingshot.

Jimmy: Ow!