10 - The Miracle of Fate

"Easy there, Lantern Boy," Gemini whispered, his voice filled with empathy and sorrow. He did his best to soothe Fourth, to prevent him from causing further harm to himself. In that moment of profound agony, Gemini silently vowed to be the sanctuary Fourth needed, to offer solace and security to his shattered soul.

The room, once filled with the warmth of shared laughter and joy, had transformed into a somber sanctuary of sorrow. The once-playful sunlight, which had danced through the curtains, now appeared muted and subdued, casting long shadows that seemed to mirror the pain etched deeply across Fourth's face.

"I'm so sorry, but one week seems too long now," Gemini continued, his voice trembling like a fragile note in a poignant melody. He gently pressed his cheek against Fourth's, sharing the warmth of their closeness. "You should move in with me right now. I can't bear to see you like this for any moment longer."

His words dripped with heartfelt concern and love, a balm for Fourth's wounded soul. In that tender moment, surrounded by their shared pain, Gemini hoped that by having Fourth closer, they could begin to mend the deep wounds inflicted by the past.

----

"Come on in, don't hesitate," Gemini's voice was gentle, his back turned to the entrance of his apartment as he encouraged his 'Lantern Boy' to step inside, who still bore traces of nervousness in his demeanor.

Gemini's apartment was perched atop a gleaming skyscraper in the heart of Bangkok. Its exterior was a masterpiece of modern architectural design, a testament to his status as a superstar. The building was encased in glistening glass, reflecting the vibrant city below, making it appear like a majestic tower that touched the heavens. 

"Is it okay if I stay with you?" Fourth inquired, his uncertainty evident after the whirlwind events of the day and the recent encounter with his own mother, which had left his eyes red and puffy.

Sensing his hesitation, Gemini sighed softly and approached his 'Lantern Boy,' cupping his chin tenderly with his hands. Their foreheads touched, and with the warmth of the sun as witness, Gemini beamed a radiant smile as he whispered softly, "You can stay with me. That's my final decision, and no one can change that."

Fourth, reassured by Gemini's words, allowed himself to be led inside the apartment, the touch of Gemini's hand providing a sense of comfort and stability. He stepped into the luxurious space, his eyes widening with awe as he took in the modern interior of Gemini's apartment.

The living area was expansive, bathed in a soft, ambient light that accentuated the elegant decor. The floor-to-ceiling windows offered breathtaking views of the bustling city below. Because it had taken Fourth an entire day to pack up everything and finally arrive at Gemini's place, the panoramic scene grew even more mesmerizing as the sun began its descent, casting warm, inviting hues into the area

Gemini's voice filled the room as he asked, "So, Lantern Boy, what's your impression?"

Fourth took a moment to drink in the opulent surroundings, appreciating the modern aesthetics, the impeccable organization, and the attention to detail. It was undeniably a remarkable place. But amidst all the grandeur, he felt a sense of detachment. With a warm smile, he began, "It looks amazing, Nong Lion, no doubt. But..."

Gemini's curiosity was piqued, and he asked, "But what, Lantern Boy?"

Fourth had sensed it the moment he walked through the door. The apartment lacked a personal touch, a sense of 'home.' While everything was tastefully curated, it didn't exude the warmth and comfort of a place that bore the essence of the person who resided there.