𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 03

किस हक़ से मांगू
अपने हिस्से का वक्त आपसे
क्योंकि ना आप मेरे हो
और ना ही वक्त मेरा...
~Aviraaj S. Rathore

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entire Rathore mansion was a flurry of activity - the house's women were bustling around, servants were darting back and forth, and the children were gathered in the main hall, under strict instructions to behave themselves. It was the first wedding of their generation, and the eldest son was the groom. But amidst all the chaos, the man of the hour had already slipped away. As always, he had woken up early and made his way to the mafia headquarters in Andheri. Despite his mother's attempts to dissuade him, he had finally relented, promising not to kill anyone and only to oversee the consignments before returning in time for the festivities.

The anticipation for the evening was palpable, as everyone eagerly awaited to meet the bride, as no one except Mr. Adhiraaj Singh Rathore had met her. He revealed that Aviraaj would be getting married by the end of the month, to a bride of his own choosing. The elder Rathore had proven to be a tough nut to crack, making it quite a challenge to impress him.

The Singhania mansion was eerily silent, as it usually was; there was no hint of a wedding in sight, and Mrs

The Singhania mansion was eerily silent, as it usually was; there was no hint of a wedding in sight, and Mrs. Singhania was the sole source of excitement, eagerly discussing her guest list and outfits for the upcoming ceremonies. Meanwhile, Mr. Singhania couldn't help but feel a bit puzzled, fully aware of his daughter's strength and the fact that she could have shielded her best friend's family by rejecting the marriage proposal. Yet, she made a different choice.

Even though his sister called and informed him that she wouldn't have married if she wasn't sure about it, Aarav was feeling like a failure because he couldn't even defend his sister, again.

The clock struck five in the evening, and the event was scheduled for 7. However, I found myself still at the Mafia HQ. The thought of marrying any girl, let alone one with a conniving father, didn't sit well with me. If this was some sort of deceitful scheme, I wouldn't hesitate to call off the wedding, and probably wipe them off too.