Chapter 1: The World Of Heaven's Hell

(Huge shoutout to UnknownFate25 for letting me do a spinoff of their "The Mob Character Shouldn't Have A Yandere Harem?!" . Go check it out!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How curious...no matter what I do, the future remains a mystery even with my limitless sight."

Opening his eyes slowing, the wise king found himself alone within his massive throne room. The hour was quite late now, so the castle was almost eerily quiet despite the almost absurd amount of people who resided within it's walls.

Getting up slowly, the old king with his long white beard walked behind his throne and opened the large twin doors that lead to his private balcony

While the castle offered many magnificent views of his kingdom and the surrounding landscape, this balcony was always the king's favorite place to be within his entire castle. Not only did allowed him to overlook his entire kingdom, but it also always served to remind him of all the people whose lives he was responsible for.

Stroking his beard absentmindedly, the king closed his eyes once more and cast his gaze out far beyond the limits of what he could physically see. 

In his mind's eye, the king saw a land that in the future would be known as the United States of America; and there he saw the clash between three Gods; Thor, Ares, and Amun-Ra. 

The twin Gods of war had formed a temporary alliance to slay the patriarch of Egyptian pantheon, and the king watched as Thor called down a thunderbolt with such power that it created a grand canyon upon the land's surface. 

Looking elsewhere, the king saw that in the land of the rising sun, Vritra had challenged the Aztec God Quetzalcoatl to a trial by combat, while in South America, the Goddess of the wilderness Skadi was hunting Ishtar's Bull of Heaven.

No matter where the king looked, the king only saw more fighting and more needless death. God killing God, and caught in the middle were innocent people and creatures.

"To think this all started with a few small lies from the Trickster God." the king sighed once more before heading back inside. 

It was not all hopeless however! The old king knew that in the end, (that no matter how many Gods may fall from the heavens), humanity would endure and thrive in the end!

For the king had seen this hopeful future for himself with the clairvoyance he had been blessed with. With his powers, nothing was hidden from him; whether it lie in the past, present, or future. 

That was however, until now...

"It appears, that something in the year 2052 is keeping the future shrouded in mystery." the king noted as he walked towards his magical workshop.