Chapter 4: The Entrance Exam

Note to self: Never underestimate a protagonist's talk-no-jutsu...

I honestly don't know what happened. The day after the dragon attack, Eric invited me over to play video games. I declined his invitation, he started laughing, and the next thing I know we've been hanging out every day for the past month, and I've even cooked the guy dinner a few times!

Did he drug me?!

Honestly though, its been fun hanging out with Eric. Ever since I got to this new world, I've been training or studying nonstop so it's been fun having an excuse to just act like a irresponsible highschooler again. 

I can't remember the last time I pulled an all-nighter playing video games with a friend, or went to the movies with someone without having to plan out which days we both had off work.

And it helps that Eric is a pretty smart guy too. 

When he first asked me to help him study for the entrance exam into Legacy High, I was worried that he might one of those dumb anime protagonists who struggles with basic math like Naruto or Luffy. 

But thankfully, he understood the prep material pretty fast, and was motivated to keep learning so studying with him never felt like a hassle.

Speaking of being motivated, from what I've been hearing Ken's also been doing pretty great this past month too! 

According to Goku, the guy's been coming to the dojo almost every day to train, and has even been picking up the skills insanely quickly! 

He normally comes in about an hour after I leave so I haven't gotten the chance to see him in action myself, but apparently he's been impressing Goku enough that he's been thinking about taking Ken on as a second student!

I've naturally been working hard to improve in the Dragon Fist style myself during this last month, and for a fight style that mostly relies on dodging and punching it's a lot more complicated than one might think.

By now I've been in this world for almost 3 months, and before I knew it the day of the entrance exam has arrived.

"Morning Y/N! You ready?" Eric asked excitedly when I opened the door to my apartment to reveal him waiting outside in his usual baggy clothes.

"Yup." I smiled back. "Should we stop by Ken's apartment to see if he wants to come with us?"

"No point." Eric shrugged. "Aunt Ellie told me he left already."

Exiting the apartment building, Eric and I said goodbye to his aunt and made our perilous trek through Tokyo's winding subway system to Legacy High; which is situated in the center of the city. 

Thankfully it looks like we'll be able to just about beat the morning rush as the train station wasn't too packed with people yet.

"Well someone's excited." I chuckled as  Eric's fidgeting next to me.

"I am!" Eric replied loudly, before looking embarrassed and continuing in a quiet whisper. "I've always wanted to be an adventurer!"

"Really? Then why were you planning to go to a normal high school before?"

"Ah, my parents are a little...strict. Their future plans didn't exactly match mine." Eric replied sheepishly.

"So are they okay with you going to Legacy High?" I asked tentatively.

"They are now" Eric answered. "...After Aunt Ellie told them it was one of the best adventurer school in the world." 

It was obviously from how Eric always seemed to shrink on himself that he and his parents didn't get along all that well.