Chapter 1

These wonderful characters are not mine, they belong to a fantastic writer called Priest, I have only borrowed some of them, used their names and adapted them a little. Hope you enjoy the story.

 Hope you enjoy the story

Black Robe worked as quickly as he could removing the pieces of broken wall away from Zhao Yunlan before he regained consciousness, trying to release his trapped leg from under the largest chunk. He had been following him as he chased the criminals responsible for the recent bank robberies, who used explosives to escape capture, unconcerned with collateral damage. Unfortunately Yunlan was one of today's victims when he got a bit too close to stopping them in the act, and was caught in the blast which demolished the wall beside his car, as he ran towards them. They had a distinct way of disguising themselves, they all wore black cloaks and half face masks, hiding their identities and their weapons.

Yunlan could feel that there was someone close by trying to help but his eyesight was  blurred and he couldn't make out his face but he recognised the costume, one of the robbers who put him under this rubble and he drew his gun.

"Don't move or I'll shoot," aiming at Black Robe who had no fear of weapons and continued to move the bricks away from Yunlan's leg.

"I'm not who you think I am, your leg is still trapped, let me at least release it and send for help Zhao Yunlan."

Yunlan froze, criminals didn't usually call him by his name, other names yes and not as polite as this. His sight began to clear making it easier to focus on this person working to free him but he would still shoot if he had to.

"There is one last piece I have to move but it might cause you some pain, your leg has a break above the ankle which is the problem, it would be better if you point your gun in a different direction while I lift this piece. Thank you."

Yunlan couldn't believe how polite this crook was, but he still kept his gun in the same position. Black Robe knew that as soon as the stone was moved, Yunlan would automatically clench his fist with the pain and would fire the gun, he was going to be shot, so he tried moving his position to limit the damage to himself and braced for the pain involved as he raised the last set of cemented bricks.

The gun fired but only grazed his arm slightly while Yunlan almost lost consciousness again but when he looked up towards the criminal, he was gone and his leg was free as help arrived on queue, giving him a ride to the hospital.

Black Robe considered himself lucky this time while he removed his cloak to examine the injury. He would be able to partially heal this injury but feel the ache for a few days. It would not be enough to keep him from his work at the hospital and he could use the gym as an excuse if anyone asked, but no one was likely to notice, and he ran a bath before relaxing for the rest of the evening at home.