The Mortmain Mountains

Violet and Quigley grinned at each other from behind the safety of their snow gear. The pair was tasked with rebuilding the old V.F.D. headquarters in the Mortmain Mountains during the off season.

Lemony Snicket, Jacques Snicket, and Olivia Snicket made up the rest of their team.

This was three years after Count Olaf's capture.

Since then, the Quagmires had been reunited and adopted by Kit and Dewey Denouement. The Baudelaires had moved in with the Jacques and Olivia, although Violet would soon be leaving her happy family for college.

A year later, Quigley and Isadora planned to join her.

Duncan would be there as well, but he and Violet were still on awkward terms, just as they had been since Violet admitted that she liked Quigley more. Duncan had at first been furious with his crush and his brother, but now they had returned to a shaky friendship.

The young couple, of course, still had to avoid kissing or doing anything couple-y in front of Duncan.

Speaking of couples, Isadora and Klaus were now officially the latest couple in Snicket household.

"Shall we ski down, now?" Quigley asked.

"Absolutely!" Violet answered, already pushing off.

The adults were waiting for them in the nearly restored headquarters, hopefully with a warm cup of tea.

It really is amazing how far we've come since Count Olaf caused the bad beginning of the series of unfortunate events. Nothing is perfect, of course, but for now we were all happy, Violet thought with glee.