Overcoming

"Speaking"

"Bijuu/summons speaking"

'Thoughts'

"Jutsu"

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO!

A month has gone by since Naruto started living with Kakashi and during the month, Naruto has gotten used to the metal pole to the point where he didn't leave his bed without it. Now, he didn't trip and fall down as much as he used to thanks to the pole he carried with him. Team 7 was put on probation due to Naruto's circumstance but Kakashi still trained Sakura and Sasuke now harder than ever.

At the apartment

Naruto sat outside of Kakashi's apartment in his little garden. It was quite a relaxing place as there were flowers planted everywhere and a tree in the middle that cast a shade over part of the land. Naruto sat under the tree's shade - feeling the cool breeze brush against his bare arms. Over the past month, he realized that despite loosing his vision, his other senses skyrocketed. He leaded his head back on the tree and heard a faint chatter from the people in the village, he focused on a specific voice that sounded familiar. Unknowingly, he sent chakra to his ears and could make out the sound of slushing. He concentrated even more and took a deep breath through his nose, he could smell that the sound he was concentrating on had a very distinct and recognizable salty smell.

"Ramen" he spoke softly to himself. He patted his stomach and thought about the delicacy that he had not tried for so long. His mouth watered at the mere thought of that smell transforming into a bowl of ramen. 

"Hey Naruto" 

He ended his musings when he heard the voice of Kakashi penetrate the quiet garden "Hey Kakashi-sensei. How are Sakura and the teme doing?" he questioned.

Kakashi looked and Naruto with a sad smile "They miss you Naruto, both of them." He told the boy.

Naruto rubbed the back of his head "Oh well I'm glad they remember about me" he chuckled while trying to mask the sadness welling deep from within him upon being reminded of his inability to be a shinobi anymore.

Kakashi saw through the mask but didn't say anything, he knew the boy as fighting a battle against himself and it would be disgraceful of him to try and influence the boy. Him and the Hokage both discussed the problem and came to the conclusion that if Naruto were to succumb to the grief and give up - he would lack the light forever. Yet, if he were to overcome his problem and adapt to his new situation - he would be a ninja many times more powerful than any ordinary.

"Alright Naruto, I'll go make lunch." said Kakashi and walked inside the house. 

Naruto sat back down on the grassy field and took a meditative position. The old him wouldn't be able to sit still for even a second. However the old him didn't lack the light and he did. He realized that meditation was one of the only moments where he didn't feel like he was blind, it also helped soothe his nerves whenever he got anxious like he was now. He took a deep breath and an even greater exhale, and focused once again on his surroundings. He heard the chatter of people, the smell of blood, food and sweat, felt the grass underneath his fingers and tasted the crispy air. He was so entranced by it all that he didn't feel his chakra swell up from within his body and slowly expand outwards in the shape of a sphere. 

His breath hitched in his throat when he saw images of the garden he was sitting in temporarily flash in his mind. They lacked any color except the blue color of chakra and the white outlines and spots. 

His eyes shot open and he jumped up from his position, he wildly looked around but only saw darkness and a fading blue light. 'What was that?' he screamed to himself as he kept turning around but didn't not see anything apart from the darkness that he was so used to seeing. He was going to panic because of the images he saw in his mind but then remembered the warm feeling that came out of him and engulfed his as well as the surrounding area.