Z.I.T. Part 3: Forsaken

Impulse POV

I was ready for Tango's part of the story. No matter how many times he's told it to me, I can't quite seem to figure out what was going on. How...what...? Just no. shouldn't be possible. But I guess none of this should be possible. Zed shouldn't be back from the dead, no matter how grateful I am about it. Etho shouldn't've had to flee due to killing his brother by accident. I should have died 37 years ago.

Still, it made zero logical sense. We entered this world with our powers. Well, I was 'gifted' by the gods. He still made no sense.

"I was going into the nether for ghast tears for potions when my portal glitched out and disappeared, leaving me trapped in the nether for two years. It was incredibly hard to find the resources I needed to build the portal. Especially dodging ghasts, piglins, and the other murderous mobs of the nether."

I was lost in thought for a moment. Why did Tango's story sound like Indiana Jones while I sounded like a monster? Sometimes, I wish I died all those years ago.

"Over time, I changed. I knew it was feeling more manageable to be in the heat of the nether, but I had no clue what else was going on. After I had found the last obsidian I needed for my portal, I headed back to my base. However, I fell into lava."

I sighed. Of course, he had to have his big escape scene. I wish it didn't hurt me as much as it did to see him regarded as a hero and me as having control issues at the best of times. I didn't want to be, and I knew it was unfair, but I was resentful.

"I discovered lava didn't hurt me anymore. Surprisingly, it felt like being in a hot tub. I wondered what else I could do now. I quickly discovered that my hair lights on fire when I'm mad. I took a bucket of lava with me for research."

He gestured to the lava he was currently sitting in.

"I managed to get back. The portal happened to spawn right in front of impulse, who immediately told me I was really short now and that my eyes were bright red."

Tango shot me a joking glare, and we all laughed.

The person with skeletal wings and a scar on his nose started joking with the person who is made out of moss.

"You can relate to Tango, Bdubs!"

"Shut up, Scar!"

Interesting. Good to know more names I guess.

Someone else jumped in and soon we were all taking turns calling Mossman short.

Shortly after Scar shouted the last "do you think you could fit under a half slab?" Tango resumed his story.

"Impulse took me to a nearby puddle and I freaked out. I was somehow six inches shorter than I was, which was already short, and my eyes were bright red. For context, they were brown before. I proceed to freak out."

More laughter.

"I tripped, fell into said puddle, and learned I don't like water anymore."

Everyone laughed again.

"Thank you, thank you!"

Tango took a bow, but all I could think about was how great Tango was at storytelling. With his builds. With his redstone. With his lore. Even with his life. Everyone here's so great at everything. Seeing Scar construct a tree out of dirt in 30 seconds is way better than any tree I've ever made. It's hard not to feel a little left behind. A little...

Forsaken.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I watched Zed look around for someone to call on. His eyes widened when he saw the zombie five seats away from him.

"Cleo? How are you alive?"