𝟶𝟽 | Woken up from a dream

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

I raised my head as nothing came. This bloody darkness was still all around me but there was no trace of anyone else. Was this an illusion...?

Was my brain playing a trick on me?

Then why did it feel so real...?

I looked down again and my eyes widened in surprise. The corridors around me were all white, not a single drop of blood was on the walls nor on the floor...

I gulped, holding my hands to my racing heart. I hesitantly moved forward, looking around for...

Right...

What I was looking for?

Why am I even here?

What is going on?

I passed the endless rows of doors, all of them white and tall, standing strong like great guards. On top of them were numbers, but I couldn't read them at all. It was like I knew they were there, but my brain kept blurring them.

I stopped in front of an exceptionally snowy gate. It emitted a soft, blue glow, paired with gentle warmth, it felt like a mother's embrace...

I unconsciously reached out my hand to touch them, even though there was no handle...

A blood curdling scream echoed through the hall, bringing me back from my trance...

My first instinct was to run and so I did it

I dashed away from that snowy door, the shrieking still rang in my head...

No matter how much I ran, it only got louder...

I squeezed my eyes shut and put my hands on my ears trying to block it...

As I was running blindly, it was only a matter of time before I tripped, falling like a log. I held out my hands to protect my face. I was able to save myself from landing head-first, but my hands along with my knees were burning and stinging like hell. I had to use all of my will-power to not cry as I got up, but a few tears still escaped my eyes...

When I looked up, I was no longer in a weird, milky hallway...

It was more like a large dome-shaped room. There were various cables stretching from the ceiling, some transparent, showing their colorful contents, others black, revealing nothing. While I looked more and more up, I also noticed a bundle of golden chains. They were various in size, yet they served the same purpose...

I looked down to see a young man restrained by the shining shackles all over his body. I slowly came closer, trying to get a good look. His head was hanging low, his body limp yet still standing due to his bindings. His eyes were closed shut, seemingly to never open again...