Chapter 8

Amelia Grace Winters

"Okay we will continue our lesson on Wednesday," Ms. Fauna's sentence ended Geography class. Yay now it's time to eat lunch!

I walked to the canteen alone since I didn't have the mood to talk with people around me. 'People.' Wait a second. Right, Adam.

I saw him with his friends Aaron and Ken laughing about something. I waved at Adam, he noticed me and waved back while walking towards me.

"Hey Lia," I giggled and gave him a smile to let him know that I am happy, as in, really happy. Why? I'm free from love okay, it's not wrong to fangirl when you don't even have a friend to stop you from doing it. I don't have friends okay, just some acquaintances. It's even harder when you have a boyfriend, who wont understand how it feels like to look at an attractive person. Get me?

For some reasons, Adam and I are like a very close best friends, like today, so much unexpected moments happened.

We ate ice creams together, pancakes, we walked around the school together. We acted like couples but no, we're best friends. I hope that Stacy wont know that I have a new best friend.

I know, I called him as my best friend when actually, I just talked to him a few days ago, we're like strangers who just got that injection to know more about each other and suddenly boom, we're now best friends.

Yeap, kinda weird but who cares? atleast I have Adam who understands me. For today though, I don't know about the future but, I know he'll be a great friend of mine.

When I came back to class to take my notebooks, Stacy asked me about Adam, I was speechless and didn't answer at all. How? When? I was so confused. You'll break her heart Lia, she's your best friend. Maybe now it's time to be honest. Honesty is the best policy, I guess.

"Uh, Stace, Adam is just like my-my guy best friend," I could tell that she was freaking out inside. "You mean, your new best friend?" she asked, confused about the difference between guy best friend and best friends.

"Sort of but-" nope, too late. She cut off my words by slamming the classroom's door. She's protective, very protective. It's okay, she has a boyfriend. I'm not worth it so it's okay.

I'm afraid that she'll leave me soon. Soon. So Adam will be my only best friend? One and only? No stacy? wow it rhymes. This is getting more complicated.