Chapter 25

Amelia Grace Winters

I was curious when Adam's mum texted me to come to my favourite garden. Wait, how did she know?

I wore my hoodie with a panda on it and a pair of jeans. I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs. I yelled goodbye to my mum and took the keys on the table.

It was 3 pm so I think it's okay to slow down a little bit. I started my mum's car and drove. They don't know about us by One Direction was playing and I just sang along like nothing was wrong when actually there is, something.

I arrived there and enjoyed the sound of birds tweeting, the sound of the wind hitting the trees, the water, everything. I took a deep breath and kept walking.

Well there was no one but I could see my favourite things, my favourite food and unexpectedly, the things that I wanted ages ago.

I smiled a little and held all of them. I was so touched and wondered who was doing all of these things. I don't think it's Adam since we didn't talk much lately.

"I'm sorry Lia. I didn't mean to hurt you. I love you and only you, Stacy is just my friend and she's the one who flirted me. Please, I beg you Lia. Best friends?" I heard those words as I sat down on a bench.

I turned around and it was, Adam. Adam Alford. My best friend. I saw a bouquet of lilies in his hands. My favourite type of flower. How did he know?

"I know all of them from Hayden, and your words," he smiled. "Please?" he begged.

"Um okay thanks," I said but I didn't look at his eyes. It was very awkward.

"That's it? Lia, we didn't talk for weeks and it kills me. I bet that you didn't feel the same way," he looked away. Awww he's sad. I giggled softly and hugged him from the back.

"I love you too," I blushed. "That's my girl," he tightened his arms around me and smiled. Now this is what I call best friends. Love you Adam, I whispered to myself.