Chapter 5

POV: First person, Lloyd.

I rubbed my sweating palms with the material of my black jeans. I looked back at my friends with a smile saying, 'HELP' like can someone come with me? I'm scared.

I walked awkwardly to the other bleachers. I could since the stares of the cheerleaders and football players. More and more whispers.

"Why is he here?"

"Does he want to be a football player?"

"I mean he is the green ninja,"

I blow some air, my body becoming stone every second. But every time I got closer to Y/n, her face became more visible. Her beautiful face, she looked undisturbed. Which I felt bad, because if I do ask her to come sit with us, I might disturb her peace.

I took the stairs up, hands in my pockets as I looked up at her.

"Is he asking her out?"

"What...?"

"Shoot I have to tell Coochie,"

She was at the very top of the seats, has I took a step, she looked up. Probably sensing someone who was also on the same bleacher as her.

Y/n titled her head slightly, furrowing her brows. I gave out a toothy grin, a hand slightly up, a small wave, "Hi," I mouthed.

She waved back, less awkwardly thought. I looked down, watching where I step, as I might fall. I licked my dried lips before I spoke, "Hi," I said again, more clearer.

"Hi?" Y/n blinked, "Are you here because you wanted a thank you? Cause uh, sorry that I didn't- It was tardy's week-,"

"Ah- no no no that's okay!" I furrowed my brows, my smile never leaving, "I just uh- wanted to say Hi! Because it's kinda weird how no one has said anything about a new student joining Ninjago High schools in the mid terms," I explained, sweat forming on my forehead as I spoke. I'm nervous okay?!

"Oh... well," she looked down at her book. I leaned in closer to her. As I was unable to hear her from the cheerleaders shouting.

"What was that?" I put my hands back in my pocket.

"It's because you're the center of attention in Ninjago. It makes since no one is going to pay attention-," Y/n looked back at me. Both of our nose brushed again each other. I felt her warm breath against mine. Could she hear how loud my heart beat was?

I gasped, falling back. I screeched when I flipped over the stairs. My head hitting the hard metal each time, "Ack!" I slowly got up, whining in pain. Knowing my face was red, I used my hoodie to cover up my face, "Shit..."

Y/n stood up, walking down the stairs at a causal manner. She bent down to my level, "sorry, that was my-," I interrupted her.

Quickly standing up, I laughed it off, "Aha um... no no that's was my fault," I muffled, "I um... imma just go- it was nice meeting ya!" I quickly fast walked away, almost tripping on air.

"Oh... ok," Y/n's gaze followed my figure, as I walked back to the other bleachers.

"Did she just rejected him?!"

"I mean you never know. She's new so she probably doesn't know he's the green ninja," someone joked, chuckling.

"Seriously, it was her loss,"

Y/n mouth was left slightly open, "Wu was right," she went back to her spot and continued on her reading.

I went back behind the bleachers. I heard the laughter of my friends. Zane going, "Ha ha ha ha ha,"