Chapter 3: Seedling

It was night time. Childe was restless thinking about what he should pick. He wanted to pick both but knew he could only choose one. He thought about trying to choose both again.

The sun was about to rise but he hadn't slept even a blink. His eye bags were as clear as day, he knew that so he just stayed in his bed like he was sleeping.

Lumine had woken up but was surprised to not see Childe wasn't at the couch yet. She made breakfast for the three of them, Paimon was already eating but Childe still hadn't come out from his room. Lumine was suspicious so she went to the door of his room and knocked.

"Childe, are you in there?" asked Lumine.

It was quiet, but a loud thud could be heard, she assumed it was Childe. She opened the door and he found Childe facing the other direction away from the direction of the door in his bed.

Lumine sat down on his bed but was startled as Childe suddenly pulled her close to him. Lumine was as red as a tomato again because of the sudden action he did with her.

He was acting like a newborn cub with his current actions. Lumine was clueless at why he was doing this to her. He wasn't letting go of her so instead of pushing him away, he embraced him.

"I don't want to let go. I can't make my choice." stated Childe. "What choices?" asked Lumine.

"To follow you or stay loyal to the Tsaritsa," he replied.

He was practically trembling whilst holding her close. He was staying in her embrace for long until they heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"Lumine? What's taking you so long in there?" It was Paimon who asked. They immediately got up and went to the door.

"C-coming!" Lumine replied and went to the door. Childe was behind her and followed her soon after she got out of the room.

This time Lumine was laying down on the couch instead of Childe. She was quite sleepy so she fell asleep on the couch.

Childe was eating his breakfast like normal, but he was still thinking of what to pick. He wasn't able to pick just yet. After he was done eating, he went to the couch and sat next to her. She was still sleeping.

A few hours later, she woke up to see Childe was sleeping on the other side of the couch. She was smiling, but then she realized what her goal had been.

To find the Geo Archon of Liyue. She got up and wore her regular clothes for adventuring and went out on her own. She easily snuck through Liyue Harbour without anyone noticing.

"May we see again, Tartaglia." Lumine whispered under her breath. She forgot to take Paimon with her but she was already out of Liyue Harbour so she had no companion this time.

She went almost everywhere in Liyue but had no idea where the Geo Archon was. She was about to go back to Liyue Harbour when she saw it was night time.

She found a camp with hilichurls and quickly took care of them. She used the camp tents that the hilichurls built and slept in one of them.

The moment she woke up, she was greeted by geo slimes. She quickly took care of them but her arm was badly injured. She only put bandages on it and brushed it off thinking it was nothing.

She went back to Liyue Harbour and sneakily passed through back to Childe's apartment. Surprisingly he wasn't there so she went to the guest room and laid down. She fell asleep as soon as she laid down. Earlier in the afternoon, Childe arrived at his apartment. He was surprised to see Lumine in the guest room after she had been missing for a week and a half.

She was still sleeping so he sat down on the bed for a few moments before going back to his room. He changed into new clothes and laid on his bed.

He slept quietly and peacefully on his bed. A few hours later, Lumine woke up with a wincing pain on her shoulder. It was her badly injured shoulder acting up. It felt like someone had kept stabbing her shoulder nonstop with a dagger. She went out of the guest room to find a sleeping Paimon on the couch.

She ignored her though and went to the living room to find some medical supplies for her arm. She found some supplies but didn't know how to use them. She went to Childe's room for help. She knocked on his door and there was no response.

"Childe are you there?" she asked but then again, there was no response. She opened the door to find Childe sleeping on his bed. She sat down on a nearby chair and was thinking about what to do to pass time while waiting for Childe to wake up.

She figured that she'd TCG by herself while waiting for him to wake up. She prepared her cards and started playing. About 45 minutes later she was finished playing TCG by herself, Childe woke up not long after she finished playing TCG by herself.

She was looking at the view from the balcony, she hadn't noticed that Childe had woken up. He stood up and patted the shoulder Lumine was badly injured on, not knowing that she was badly injured there. She winced at the sudden pat and the pain from the injury.

"Hey it hurts!" said Lumine. "Are you injured here or something?" Childe asked.

"Why do you think I'm in your room?" Lumine said while grabbing her arm in pain.

"Let me treat it then." Childe said as he took some medical supplies from his drawer. He carefully unwrapped the bandage that Lumine herself wrapped around her injury. He treated her injury with care trying to avoid hurting her during the treatment. He successfully finished treating her as he sat down on his bed drenched in sweat.

Lumine grabbed a towel and wiped his face and arms. She then sat down next to her laying her head on his shoulder humming a tune that Venti taught her.

"I want to tell you something." Lumine said calmly.

"Hmm?" Childe replied

To be continued...

1062 words