>> 36 <<

Deception ≠ Betrayal

-

"Do we really have to?" Taerae asked for the nth time that evening, as Matthew kept asking him to go to Jiwoong's bar for a 'drink'. He did not like the idea, and he would probably straight up say no, but his boyfriend had been asking him for a while and he actually was too weak to keep saying no to someone so special.

"I won't ask you to come along if you're uncomfortable, but he's trynna reach out to you and apologize." Matthew pouted, "I know you don't like him, but he's helped me for a whole year, he's not a bad person."

Taerae kept himself from rolling his eyes, but said strictly, "No good person says such hurtful things to others, Matt."

Matthew sighed. He found the other's behaviour kinda judgmental, but he didn't say it out loud. Instead, he went near his man and gave him a light hug, saying, "Let's give him a chance, Rae. If after tonight, you don't wanna forgive him, I'll let it be."

"Why his bar then?" He asked. "We can meet him at uni, or even here. Don't you think the bar is not a right place for someone to seek apology?"

"What does it matter?" Matthew asked, "I'll be there with you, right? If he crosses the line, I myself will punch him for you." Matthew flexed his biceps, "No one dares speak badly with my boyfriend!"

Taerae sighed. Sometimes he just wished Matthew had been less kind to some people. Really, does everyone deserve that?

"Rae, I'm not trying to justify, but that day, he thought he had a chance." Spoke Matthew, "He tried to make a move. Yes, I know it's immature and really shitty, but now that he knows we're together, he's not playing dirty anymore. He's trying to make friends with you, so that we can go back to how things were."

Taerae stayed quiet. What would he say? If Matthew forgets everything so fast, what does he have to say?

"People make mistakes, babe. If we don't learn how to forgive.. Imagine, if something happens between us and we don't forgive each other, all our good memories would vanish- and we'd end up losing each other."

"You wanna keep him in your life that much?" Taerae sounded salty.

"I do." Matthew spoke, "Because he's a good friend to me. He had been for a whole year."

Taerae sighed, clearly not liking it. A frown formed on his face. He looked angry.

"Okay how about this- we'll show him how happy we are, so that he knows not to bother us in any way, hm?"

A huge puff of breath left Taerae's lips who stood up, saying, "Fine, we're going." He turned to Matthew, "But if he does anything wrong, I'll take you out of that place, you can't say no then."

Matthew grinned, "Of course not! You come before everyone, love."

The sweet pet name couldn't kill the budding bad feeling Taerae felt in his guts. However, he would be with Matthew, the man he loved and trusted. He could deal with Jiwoong. Just a few hours. He could do that. Probably.

So they walked out when the night was still young. Both in simple clothes, hand in hand. Matthew was all smiley, while Taerae was all protective. Maybe going to the bar with his claim over Matthew was actually a good idea. That way, he'd be able to show Jiwoong that they were very much in love. That they, in all honesty, didn't need an intrusion of a third person, someone totally unnecessary.