Spring 1, Year 1

The first day of spring was here. The air was warm but still damp, like fresh from a rainstorm.  It was the perfect time for all kinds of wild things to be seen and heard. From bird song to insect chatter to animal grunts. But in this case Harvey didn’t see any of those things as he stood in a patch of grass near the clinic drinking his afternoon coffee. His eyes were focused intently on the young farmer running around town. They wore blue Jeans and had their hair styled in a way he hadn't seen before.  He looked quite different than usual. A good kind of different. Harvey's mouth quirked up at the corners. This was one hell of an unexpected meeting.
When the boy finally spotted him he slowed down to a walk, stopping when he was just a few feet away.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Harvey, the local doctor." Harvey said to them with a soft smile.  The Person nodded back in greeting, and offered out a hand for Harvey to shake. He did.

once it was clear that Harvey wasn't going to let go right away. "And you are…" he trailed off, watching the person closely for some sort of tell.  He had expected the other person to speak or something...Maybe it was something about his body language that told Harvey otherwise but he decided to back off.

There was nothing that he could do anyway. Maybe the guy would come forward once they got to know each other more. That is what Harvey was thinking but when he looked up at the stranger again there was a smirk pulling lightly at their lips.  "What?" he said, suddenly feeling self conscious. Did he have something stuck between his teeth?  He was so distracted that he forgot to swallow his coffee. It made him choke a little. "Sorry," he said. He ran a hand through his hair trying to brush it nervously.   His stomach was doing flips. He couldn't seem to stop himself. "Um," was all he managed, still not sure what the stranger wanted from him.  And why was there a glint of mischief in their eyes?
They seemed to sense that too because it seemed like they knew exactly what he was thinking.

"I'm going to go back to the clinic now.." Doctor Harvey said nervously. "I'll see you around." He said before waving goodbye and quickly walking into the clinic.

As soon as he closed the door he mumbled to himself "Well that was weird..."