Chapter Twenty- Eight

"Elly! There you are!" Yuki smiled widely as I came back hand in hand with Rindou. I gave her a small smile.

"I had to step away for a little bit," I told her honestly. Yuki's smile turned into a frown, her eyes met the floor besides going back to mine and grabbing my hands. "Yuki–"

"This is our day," her voice was filled with sadness. "You're supposed to be happy...I don't understand why you let them get under your skin, you're the strongest person I know a-a-and–"

I yanked Yuki into my chest and wrapped my arm around her with one resting on her head. I put my nose in her hair and nuzzled her. "I know...I'm sorry..." She was right, this was our day. I let my anger get the best of me when I should have masked it and kept a positive attitude, instead, I gave in to the demon lord.

"Elly—" Yuki mumbled into my chest, "your titties are lovely and all but you're suffocating me."

A snort escaped me, "my bad." I giggled, releasing her. I cupped her cheeks, letting out a heavy sigh and smiling. "Let's do this."

"Yeah!" My team shouted loudly.

The fundraiser continued for a few more hours, as the sun began to set beyond the horizon of the park. The warm, golden rays cast a beautiful glow over the event, creating a picturesque scene. Dylan, Marie, Leo, Yuki, and I were tirelessly selling the remaining baked goods to eager customers.

The aroma of freshly baked treats filled the air, enticing passersby to stop by our booth. With each passing minute, the crowd grew larger, and the energy became more electrifying. Our table was adorned with an array of delectable goodies, from mouth-watering cookies to scrumptious cupcakes.

Dylan, with his infectious smile, greeted customers with enthusiasm, his persuasive sales pitch convincing them to indulge in a sweet treat. Marie, the master baker, skillfully showcased her creations, drawing in customers with her culinary artistry. Leo, the charismatic salesman, effortlessly engaged with potential buyers, making them feel as though they were part of a special occasion. Yuki, the meticulous organizer, ensured that our booth was well-stocked and visually appealing, leaving a lasting impression on anyone who stopped by.

A growing number of customers were attracted to the stand with the help of the Kantou manji gang boys, who advertised that clients could feel free to touch their abs if they made a purchase. The guys were a popular attraction, and many people were drawn to the stand. It was shocking to see how they encouraged customers to make outrageous purchases, which increased sales. The campaign was a great success. In my head, it made no sense but I was glad that they helped since they did owe me this one thing for the amount of spying I did for them. Rindou stayed beside me the whole time while my siblings helped mom count and split the tips.

As for myself, I found joy in connecting with customers on a personal level. I shared the stories behind each baked good, the love and effort that went into creating them. It was heartwarming to see the smiles on people's faces as they bit into a cookie or savored a slice of cake.

The demand for our baked goods was overwhelming. Customers flocked to our booth, eager to taste the delicious treats that had been prepared with care and dedication. The sound of laughter and chatter filled the air, creating a vibrant atmosphere that echoed the success of our fundraising efforts.

With every sale, we inched closer to our goal. We needed to buy out the place in order to keep it, paying rent there was no longer an option. Since buying it out made more sense, Murayama asked us to raise enough to own the place instead, but that meant we had to raise one hundred grand.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a soft hue over the park, we finally sold the last of our baked goods.

All of us plopped on the chairs, wiping out foreheads with napkins.