CHAPTER 22

[Sofia's Point of View]

My patience was wearing thin. She's been acting like this since yesterday.

Perhaps if she were as jealous of Elise back then, I might be delighted now.

"The o-others want t-to extend t-the m-meeting," Cindy nervously said, and I gave the girl who was making her nervous a cold look.

"Ms. Laureen, you're not supposed to be here. We are discussing something," I said coldly, and I immediately noticed her change in expression.

Yes, it's Laureen! If looks could kill, Cindy would be dead right now. Tsk!

"Then, you can talk! I'm staying here!" she said, rolling her eyes at me. What's her problem?

"It's okay, Sofia," Cindy interjected, but I gave Laureen a emotionless stare.

"You're scaring her."

"Stop glaring at me!" she retorted, so I looked at her without any emotion.

"Get out, Ms. Laureen," I said, pointing to the door.

"No!"

"Out."

"I don't want to! You two can talk there. I'll just stay here!" Ugh! Damn!

Talking about being a brat!

"Okay, Sofia, it's fine. I'll just go. I'm leaving," Cindy said, smiling hesitantly before finally leaving.

"B*tch!" I muttered, giving her a nasty look.

"Flirt!"

She said more, but I ignored her because I was getting really annoyed. That annoying tease!

This has been going on in my office for a while now, and almost everyone who comes in here is scared to talk to me because of that brat! She's infuriating!

"Yelo?" I heard her call out to me, but I didn't pay any attention to her and just focused on the papers I needed to sign.

"Yelo?" Don't look back, Sofia! Don't!

"Sofia?" she called again, but I still didn't acknowledge her.

I suddenly frowned when my phone rang. I quickly checked it, and it was from Yves!

And of course, that woman! I swear I'm going to snap when I see her. Damn!

Damn it! I don't even want to read the file titles. That woman is truly insane!

Want to know what it says?

'REPORT ON YOUR BEAUTIFUL SECRETARY'

Damn it! If she had said that to my face, I would have thrown my phone at her out of frustration!

"BABY???!!!!!!" F*ck!

I accidentally threw my phone in shock due to the sudden scream from the irritating nuisance who's been bothering me!

And what did she say?

Baby?

So, I gave her a quick, angry look, but I had to avert my gaze when I saw her expression, how piercingly she was glaring at me.

"Quite the beautiful secretary, huh?" she said. I wanted to feel flattered, but I just laughed bitterly instead.

"Why are you overacting like a jealous girlfriend?" I asked her, and I saw her clench her fist.