CHAPTER 16

[ Sofia Pov ]

*Flashback *

"Ugh! Move aside!" I yelled at the people blocking my way. This damn high tolerance was infuriating! It was giving me a headache!

"Miss, are you already drunk?" I turned around to look at the annoyance in my path. I pulled his collar.

"Do I look like a fvckin drunk? Just move your ass. You don't want me to notice you," I said to him and gave him a push. He seemed scared by my choice of words, and in my opinion, he got off easy.

I finally made it to the park, just as I had weeks before when I first got here. I hung around, took a seat on a swing, and stared into space.

How long had I been here? I didn't care anymore. I didn't care about my life. I'd lost the person I'd drawn strength from. Even if I denied it, I knew she was gone. She couldn't handle it. Darn!

Tears filled my eyes as I thought about losing Aureen. My happy pill. The person I loved. Darn it! If I hadn't been so weak, things wouldn't have ended like this!

"I think there's a goddess who lost her way here, bro," I heard from behind me. I turned and wiped away my tears that had started to fall. I didn't care how wasted I looked. I didn't care anymore.

"Perhaps it's because your unlucky boyfriend left you, huh?" one of the guys to the left commented. His hair was blonde, thin as a toothpick. In fact, all three of them were.

"Do I look that pathetic? I mean, I don't give a fvck anymore, to be honest. You're a fvckin mess, so fvck off," I said with a tired tone. I looked at them coldly, but didn't realize how disrespectful they were until they left, scared for sure.

"Oh, miss, you seem to be drunk. Why don't you hang out with us instead? We promise not to harm you. We'll make you happy," the one with lots of tattoos said, and the others laughed. My mood became more annoyed as they expressed their vulgarity.

"Of course you're right, miss. Your boyfriend was bad luck. He let you go," the one with many earrings added. That one even smiled in a perverted manner! Wait, this one really needed a slap to the face.

"I'll go with you," I said to them. I watched them as they paused, then smiled. They probably thought it would be easy to get me. Excuse me! I didn't like worms. I wanted to slap them like I was hitting  a broomstick.

"But on one condition," I added, and that's when I started to beat them one by one. They weren't strong at all. Psh! Weak!

"Tsk!" I said, then walked away, leaving them. As I turned my back to leave, the heavens opened up with rain.

'Aureen!' I cried out in my mind, and tears began to pour down again.

"Uwaaaaah Uwaaaaah," I suddenly heard, and I looked to see where the noise was coming from.

I don't know why, but I suddenly felt nervous. With every step I took, I heard the noise get louder, so I quickened my pace to approach it. My nerves got the best of me, and my tears began to fall as I saw a child left in a cardboard box.

What the fvck! Based on what I saw, this child had just been born. And now, they left it here just like that? Sh*t! The parents who did that were fvcking jerks!

My gaze was still on the child, so I was startled when I suddenly found myself in a hospital. They were trying to take care of the child.