SLEEP LITTLE ONE, CLOSE YOUR EYES

Xichen felt a dilemma, he drew Shou yue right at Lan Zhan, but he didn't know what to do. On the other hand, Lan Zhan, who had been affected by the illusion, didn't recognize him at all, and looked at him with a look full of hatred.

Lan Zhan immediately lunged at Xichen and tried to stab him, for a moment Xichen was a little caught off guard, Lan Zhan almost cut off his head if he didn't step back quickly.

"Wangji! It's me!" Xichen shouted But Lan Zhan ignored him.

Lan Zhan attacked Xichen again, this time Xichen parried him, and for the first and last time, Bichen and Shuo yue collided, the explosion sounded very strong around them. Even Weiying who watched from a distance looked frightened.

"Wang- Wangji! It's me!" Xichen with difficulty restrained Bichen "look at me!" Xichen looked at Lan Zhan straight in the eyes

For a moment there was doubt in those eyes, but darkness took over again. Lan Zhan punched Xichen in the chest until he fell backwards. Xichen almost fell, he used Shuoyue as his support, he vomited quite a lot of fresh blood onto the ground. His breath felt short, he then saw the red magic thread that tied his heart to Lan Zhan's heart, he tried to pull the thread, but couldn't, he felt like someone was squeezing his heart if he tried to pull it. His eyes began to blur, he couldn't clearly see Lan Zhan who was standing straight in front of him, and preparing to attack him again.

With his whole body shaking, Xichen tried to get up, with Shuoyue's help as his support. His breath hitched, with trembling hands, he pointed the shuoyue right at Lan Zhan.

"There's only one way to end all of this"

Lan Zhan ran towards him, and so did Lan Xichen. The two of them ran towards each other while drawing their swords, but as Lan Zhan got closer, Xichen's face softened, a single tear fell from his eyes, he took a deep breath, and then lowered his sword. But not with Lan Zhan, Bichen stabbed Xichen's stomach, suddenly Lan Zhan's bright red eyes turned normal, he gasped in shock when he saw that he had stabbed his brother with Bichen. He then looked at Xichen's face, his breath was short, he almost fell if Lan Zhan didn't catch him.

"There is only one of us who can live" Xichen looked at the magic thread that was still binding their hearts, and with the last of his strength, he pulled the thread out of his heart, and he vomited blood again, blood that also splashed onto Lan Zhan's Hanfu. Then he fell to the ground

Lan Zhan was limp, he was shocked, he couldn't say anything, "w-why?! Ge what are you doing!" Lan Zhan said frantically, tears streaming down his cheeks

"Making sure you're safe" he said softly

"Ge, hang on! I'll find a way to help you!"

Lan Zhan wanted to carry Xichen, but Xichen held him back

“Zhan-er…” He didn't say anything, but he just shook his head

"Please dont be like this!" Lan Zhan started screaming like a child

Xichen caressed Lan Zhan's face, suddenly his tears broke out "I never wanted to leave, circumstances made me have to leave"

"No. You're not going anywhere, please Ge, I don't want to live in the world where you aren't with me!" Lan Zhan sobbed

Xichen looked up at the sky "shufu, father, mother..."

Lan Zhan looked up "NO! DON'T TAKE HIM! GO ALL OF YOU!!" He shouted loudly

"Didi..." "Can you sing our song for me?" Xichen asked weakly

Lan Zhan shook his head slowly "don't do this to me"

Xichen smiled "this is my last wish"

Lan Zhan sobbed, he closed his eyes for a moment, and bit his quivering lips, and with one breath he began to sing.

"Sleep, little one, close your eyes
Your body's cooling with the night
Let your worries slip away
Tomorrow is a brand new day.....

Shimmering moon and satin sky
Soft wind breathes its lullaby
Your dreams are here to set you free
The dawn will bring you back to me"

"I'm ready to go" and with that Xichen breathed his last

"The dawn will bring you back to me"

Lan Zhan burst into tears, he hugged his brother tightly "Ge... Ge..." He called softly "why did you leave me alone" Lan Zhan cried, screaming like a child. He hugged his brother tightly, kissed his forehead and head, he even checked Xichen's breath and heartbeat, and there were none. His breath and heartbeat had stopped. He has gone.

Lan Zhan's sadness turned into anger, his energy exploded and created a blue tornado, he put down Xichen and took Shuoyue instead of Bichen and with explosive anger he destroyed the Wang sect.

That day, Lan Wangji turned into a monster and everyone's nightmare, his white hanfu turned blood red from the people he killed, that day was very dark, the clouds were cloudy and thunder began to sound, that day Lan Zhan carried Xichen in his arms, that day it was Lan Xichen, Lan Huan, Zewu-jun, sect leader Gusu Lan, first Jade Lan died to save second Jade, his younger brother, the person he loved most in the world, Lan Zhan, Lan Wangji.

Little fact, I am actually listening the jenny from the old stones song (game of thrones soundtrack) while writing this chapter. And there is where I got the inspiration when Xichen said he never wanted to live.