Chapter 2: A Titan, A Curse and A Death

In the dim light of the meadow, Prometheus, the divine titan, began a mysterious and ancient ritual. His movements were deliberate, his hands weaving intricate patterns through the air, as if he sought to harness the very fabric of reality itself. The stars blinked erratically, casting flickering shadows that danced to the rhythm of the ritual. The world around them shivered, caught in the grip of this supernatural occurrence. The air grew heavy, and the atmosphere was fraught with an unnatural tension that made the very earth tremble.

Sally, despite being a mortal, sensed the danger that Prometheus's actions represented. A surge of maternal instinct and an unexplained surge of power welled up within her. In a burst of determination, she lunged at Prometheus, disrupting the delicate balance of the ritual.

The air crackled with tension as Sally and Prometheus clashed, their energies colliding like thunderbolts. The very fabric of reality seemed to warp and twist under the dueling forces, and the heavens themselves flashed in response. Sally, fueled by love and a determination to protect her son, defied all logic by standing her ground against a deity.

Sally, her voice filled with conviction, said, "You will not harm my son, Prometheus, or any other child for that matter. I will protect him with everything I have."

With a final, desperate surge of strength, Sally managed to overpower Prometheus, stabbing him with his own spear. The titan let out an anguished cry as he was forcibly expelled from the mortal realm, sent hurtling into the abyss of Tartarus

Percy, stunned by the supernatural clash that had just unfolded, watched as his mother, her face etched with both determination and exhaustion, fell to the ground. In his arms, Sally's life force began to ebb away. Her breaths came in ragged gasps, and her hand weakly reached out to caress Percy's cheek. In a fragile, raspy whisper, she spoke her final words, "I love you, Percy. Be brave."

Tears welled up in Percy's eyes as he replied, "I love you too, Mom." He held her tightly, feeling her presence slip away.

The meadow, once a haven of tranquility, now bore witness to a tragic and otherworldly confrontation. It was a place forever etched in Percy's memory as the epicenter of a life-changing event that had thrust him into a world of gods, monsters, and destiny. The eerie silence hung in the air, as if nature itself paused to acknowledge the profound loss that had taken place.