ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

TERUMI'S LARGE DUAL TONED eyes flickered around the bustling streets of the tokyu plaza

TERUMI'S LARGE DUAL TONED eyes flickered around the bustling streets of the tokyu plaza. Her small hand tightly gripping Mirai's larger one; delight nearly visible on her naturally jaded visage.

'Today is the first day i haven't been scolded' She thought, cautiously glancing at Mirai's face, covered by a white surgical mask. Her long rosy locks buried beneath a black cap.

Her dark hood covered her ears, only exposing the brim of the hat, and her hot pink eyes masked by darkly tinted sunglasses. She gripped Terumi's hand tighter, turning her soft gaze to the child.

"You look happy today, Teru" She remarked, slowly swinging her arm. "Mhmm! 'cause i'm with auntie today" Terumi nodded, a content sigh falling from her lips. Mirai's expression turned bitter, staring at her innocent nieces emotionless face.

'Poor Teru...' She thought, her steps coming to an abrupt halt next to an ice cream parlor. "Are we going there, auntie?" Terumi questioned, in a soft tone, her eyes fixated on the large colorful posters in the window.

Surprisingly, anticipation gleamed in her otherwise dull orbs. "If you want. today is all about you, Teru" Mirai's brightness returned upon seeing the rare emotion within Terumi's eyes, leading the child inside the restaurant.

The two took their seat next to a window, and Mirai removed her disguise, leaning her cheek against her palm, watching contently as Terumi stared at the menu in front of her, reading each order aloud.

"I want this one, auntie" She pleaded softly, pointing towards the picture of a large parfait. "Then this you shall receive" Mirai joked, the two joined in laughter, gaining them a few stares, before Mirai called for the waiter.

"Hello, how may i serve you today?" he asked, holding his hands clasped in front of him, flashing a wide business smile. "One large sakura strawberry parfait, One large matcha parfait, and two medium vanilla shakes" She answered, staring at Terumi, who bounced impatiently in her seat.

"Sure"

Within a few minutes, their order at were placed on the table. Once again, Mirai could almost detect excitement in Terumi's expressionless face. "Thank you for food!" The girls spoke concurrently, and Terumi was the first to begin eating.

Mirai gasped, realizing what happened was a very rare occurrence. Her lips curled into a smile, matching Terumi's new expression, pure joy captured on her face.

'Since she was a baby... I don't think i've seen her smile so widely...'

"Does it taste good, Teru?" She smiled, swirling her straw around in her milkshake, though hesitating to take even a small sip. she watched calmly as Terumi's face hovered over the glass cup while she repeatedly shoved spoonfuls in her mouth.