ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

THE SILENCE RAN DEEP within the home

THE SILENCE RAN DEEP within the home. Manjiro glared darkly at Mirai, as Terumi's stare was more of a pure, curious one. "Isn't it obvious? It's to bring her back" The man sporting the short purple hair grinned condescendingly.

"...No! you can't do that! I... I don't care who you say you are, I won't allow it! Trying to take her after seven years of not even paying attention..." She shouted, clenching her fists tightly, incidentally startling Terumi.

Mirai, though very frightened, took a step forward finally entering the room to face them properly. The man with long white hair scoffed, leaning his cheek against his closed fist.

"So she'll stay here in the smallest room of this large house with the least amount of supplies?" He hummed mockingly. "I..." Mirai's voice emerged quietly as she had no words in the moment to combat what he was saying.

"After seeing this, do you really expect someone to leave their child in the hands of a caretaker who won't properly use the materials granted to them?" He scoffed, shrugging slightly. "You... Did that in the first place..." She hummed softly.

"And I... I don't have a say in her life yet b-but that will change as soon as i'm able to, I'll—"

"What? Take her away from here?"

Mirai softly dropped her head at his words. "So the model who belongs to the man who neglects his own grandchildren will grow up soon and take care of a child? How admirable" He chuckled sarcastically, thin brows unevenly raised.

"My father is just... Upset... But, when I turn 23 years old the contract ends and I'll be released from his control, so..." she gasped meeting the eyes of Manjiro that caused her trembling to resume.

"So 4 years later then?" he asked, his frown deepening. "Well... That's... It's better than you, who's never shown his face, never given anything but wants to take her suddenly!" She stated, glaring accusingly at him.

"Who said that?" He voice dropped, and Mirai's body immediately froze upon hearing the cold inflection. "...H-huh...?" She hesitantly asked, averting her gaze towards the floor, clenching her elbow tightly.

"When was there a time I haven't given something to my daughter?" He quarried, clearly demanding an answer, annoyed my Mirai's sudden scoff. "Is that a joke?" She muttered furrowing her thinly cut brows.

"It's not surprising an idiot is easily fooled" He hummed, tapping his finger on his knee, and Mirai's eyes met his once more. "What...?!" She gasped, her lips forming a slanted frown.

One man sighed deeply, the one with a scar across his eye, mimicking Mirai's facial expression. "The gifts given to the young miss have been placed in another child's bedroom. It's safe to assume the money sent was also spent on other children" He explained.