ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

RAN LEANED FORWARD, HIS lavender eyes narrowing and filling with eagerness as he did so

RAN LEANED FORWARD, HIS lavender eyes narrowing and filling with eagerness as he did so. Terumi was intrigued by his sudden shift in demeanor. Intrigued enough to lean her ear close to his lips, sensing he had a secret to tell.

"You see grumpy over there?" He hummed, pointing behind himself to the man who'd been following them all this time. "He's my baby bro, Rindou" His grinned widened, a sense of mischief evident on his face.

"He looks mean, and sometimes acts like it but really he's just a big softie" Hw said, his voice rasping to imitate the sound of a whisper, though loud enough for the man to hear. "Shut the hell up, Ran" Rindou sighed angrily, crossing his arms.

"Hey—" Ran's body shot up, startling Terumi, as he closed the distance between him and his brother. "Don't say 'shut the hell up' in from the young miss! what if she follows you and starts saying bad words?!" He whined dramatically, clearly on purpose.

"You just said it too, dumbass" Rindou rolled his eyes, before meeting the large eyes of Terumi who watched their argument silently, though she looked away very quickly.

"Auntie... They fight like Kei-chan... And Hiro-nii..."

She recalled a recent time where the two had gotten into a fight over Hiroshi's habit to order Keiko around. "Oh...? Well, it was like that for Sena and Senkou... Fighting for no reason and all—" Mirai hummed softly, her gaze shifting to Terumi.

"—for as long as I can remember, actually..." She continued, as a memory of the twins surfaced. The two were fighting over a sequin dress, each claiming the dress was theirs.

The constant pulling of the fabric resulted in the dress becoming torn, and the fight worsening.

"I wished they'd grow up sometimes..." Mirai murmured, the memory's end being her having to pull the two girls apart; even at her young age. "But, I don't think that's something that can happen... For siblings to stop fighting..." Terumi mumbled, pressing the soft pads of her fingers together.

"Even if you grow... You're still siblings... So the rivalry can't go away, right?" She clarified, staring up at Mirai curiously. "...You're right..." Mirai smiled kindly, her hand ruffling Terumi's neat pink locks.

"You're so mature for a seven year old, little miss" Ran remarked, a kind glowing aura emitting from his whole body, mesmerizing the girls for a moment. "...Thank you..." Terumi finally spoke up, lowering her head as a small bow.

Ran clapped loudly, his body tilting to the side a bit; his smile and kind aura never fading. "Well shall we proceed with the tour? There is so much more to see" Hw stated happily, leading them through a different hall way than the one they first entered.

They now stood in the large dining room, it's size fitting the rest of the home. In the center was a long well polished glass table; rimmed by metal as clean and clear as a mirror.