ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

MIRAI GAZED AT HER YOUNG, impassive niece waddling slowly next to her

MIRAI GAZED AT HER YOUNG, impassive niece waddling slowly next to her. "Had fun today, Teru?" She questioned suddenly, a smile ever-growing on her glossed lips.

"Yeah. I wanna go out with auntie again" Terumi nodded, carefully stepping within the lined boxes of pavement beneath her. "...Soon. As soon as i can" Mirai promised, her gentle grin persevering through the ache in her heart.

She hummed softly, noticing an unfamiliar car in Sena's driveway as the two stood in front of the gate. Her eyes travelled to the curtained windows, light peering through the thick fabric.

'The lights are on... and the car is replaced by one I've never seen before...' She thought, taking a small step forward. Her body leaned to the side as she tried to peer through the sides of the windows.

Not a single space through the curtains was visible. "Maybe she got a new car...?" She mumbled to a question to herself, leading Terumi onto the house's pavement.

The pair entered the unlocked home, removing their shoes in the foyer, Terumi slowing down to place her shoes in the corner, evenly lined up. "We're here, Sena!" Mirai announced, feeling Terumi's hand clutch her slender ring finger.

"When did you become so irresponsible? Do you want someone to come in an rob you?" She questioned, walking further into the home. The chill from before returned to her body as she slowed her pace.

'It doesn't feel right somehow...' She thought, carefully stepping through the hall, though the wooden board beneath her feet creaked all the same.

Terumi, though confused, mimicked her actions, her large eyes flickering between Mirai and her own small feet. "...And who's car is in the driveway—" She continued, hoping for some kind of response.

"—I've never seen it before..."

She paused as she surveyed the living room, unfamiliar men sitting comfortably, as if they lived there; 5 in total. At the first edge of the cornered sofa was a man of a thin and average stature.

His long white hair flowed to his shoulders, the right side of his head shaved into four sections of peach fuzz, the second from the top being completely shaved and replaced by a unique tattoo, his thin dark eyes directed towards the pair.

Next to him, a tall lanky man, his hands falling between his legs as he rested his elbows against his knees. His lilac hair, bestrewn with black streaks, was slicked back by gel and parted on his left while a single violet eye opened.

A man with strikingly similar facial features sat beside him, leaning back with his hands clasped on his crossed legs. His purple hair styled in a mullet reaching slightly below his neck, dyed black at the roots and ends, while he bore holes into Mirai's face.