Chapter Two: The supernatural world and their stories

Selene Lennox Pov:

WE HAD FINALLY ARRIVED AT THE CULLENS' HOUSE. They kept their appearances, but did not mix with humans, staying in a house in the forest. And I had to say that they didn't play around in service. It was magnificent!

Easily would be the cover of a modern decor magazine. We entered the house, and the room was huge, with a large gray carpet spread across almost the entire floor; spacious sofas and around a very wide, but not very long, dark wooden table; large windows that went from the ceiling to the floor, giving a panoramic view of the forest.

— WOW! — I couldn't contain myself and exclaimed out loud. — Do you call this home?

All the family members laughed briefly as they watched how amazed I was at what I saw.

— I know the feeling. — The woman with long, dark brown hair, Renesmee's mother, commented, positioning herself next to me. — The first time I met them I was the same way. But not having much courage to express it.

— Miss Isabella met your husband while still human? — I asked, genuinely curious. The way she spoke made it seem like they had already been through a lot.

— Please, just Bella. — She asked, while making a face, showing that she didn't like the entire name. — Yes, we dated and got married.

I sat down on one of the sofas and the Cullens did the same, standing around me. I watched Renesmee go get two bowls of ice cream and hand one to me, standing next to me. Carlisle said that Bella and Edward were his parents, and they really had a lot of similarities. But how? They both looked young and apparently went to school, with a board full of graduation hats.

— It's a long story. — Edward replied, taking me by surprise. I had forgotten he was a telepath. — Renesmee, my dear, can you show Selene your gift?

They all exchanged meaningful glances at the girl, who quickly realized.

I get a little scared when she puts her hand on my face, looking at me.

— Don't be scared. — Bella speaks again when she noticed the small jump I made. — It's the way she communicates, most of the time.

I decide to relax and look directly at Renesmee. Suddenly my mind is filled with Bella, still human, in childbirth, screaming in pain as the baby comes out of her.

I see Bella's eyes close after seeing the baby and saying how beautiful she was. Switch to another memory where the woman with long, dark hair arrives in the living room of another house, with red eyes, pale, and looking more rejuvenated.

The memories stop suddenly. And I no longer felt Renesmee's hand on my cheek.

— Sorry. — She said, placing her hands in her lap and moving away to end of the sofa. — I still haven't learned very well how to control the type of memories I want to show.