Chapter Six

*****

As Dina's art took more of her time and became her main job, Gustavo understood that Dina could not continue with Los Pollos Hermanos.

Instructed by her uncle, Dina chose one of the staff that was more fitting to be the manager of the branch.

Before leaving, Dina was surprised by her staff throwing her a goodbye party.

"I'm proud of you." At night, Dina had dinner with her uncle over at his place where she would sometimes stay in. "I heard good things about your work."

"Thanks." Dina was slightly taken aback- it wasn't usual for Gustavo to praise her, instead, he'd always suggest things to push her to do better.

The rest of their dinner was spent in silence, but it wasn't awkward, Dina was used to it after many years of dinners with her uncle. She actually grew to enjoy eating in silence.

After their dinner, Dina's phone pierced through the silence; lookin at her bright screen, Nacho's named flashed.

"You need to take that?" Gustavo said to his niece.

"Umm, it's okay, I don't-"

"Please. Answer it." Gustavo had heard some suspicious actions of his niece from one of his men; it was reported that she had went to Mexico, but for reasons unknown.

Of course, Dina failed to realize that her uncle would always have someone watch over her- because Gustavo Fring was protective of his niece.

Gustavo, however, only heard a familiar voice that he heard her talk to on the phone several times before her odd trip to Mexico.

Dina excused herself, giving her uncle a kiss on the forehead before leaving his house; Nacho had told Dina to immediately make her way to the studio as something important appeared.

While Dina stepped out and got into her car, Gustavo had already called one of his men to tail her, reporting to him afterwards to see where she had gone to.

Once Dina was running up to her studio, she saw Nacho by her door, waiting, with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"I never really congratulated you on your show in New York." Dina was somewhat dumbfounded. But Nacho didn't really speak the truth- deep down, he wanted to give her a bigger bouquet because he knew he was competing with someone else.

"Oh, Nacho, you didn't have to-"

"No, no- I wanted to." Dina took the bouquet from Nacho's hold and smiled brightly.

Letting him in, Dina wondered if Nacho was jealous over the bouquet that was given to her by Lalo.

"You took a break today?" Nacho pointed over her unfinished work that has been untouched for several days.

"I have a major mind block." Dina admitted.

"Ah, I see." Nacho pursed his lips and nodded. "Hey, I didn't bring any dinner today- if you're hungry, we can go grab a bite."

"Oh- I already ate, with my uncle."

Nacho nodded once more as he shrugged off his jacket.

"Movie?" Dina asked and Nacho agreed. The two sat beside each other on the sofa and watched the movie in silence. Throughout, Nacho closed the space between them and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

Dina's body tensed up at his touch and once Nacho leaned in, his lips touched hers, the image of Lalo flashed in Dina's mind.

——