Chapter 3: Exploring the City while Getting Revenge

(And this is happening while Playful Land is going on along with the Glorious Masquerade is finally happening for us in the English server. Anyway, none of the characters from Playful Land are set to appear, but after the event is finished, I'll try and use them! For now, enjoy!)

                  "Ah!" the freshman and Neige shouted as they fell into the ducks of the city.

Ace and Deuce fell first, Jack landed on top of them, Epel and Sebek crashed on them, and Najma, Yuu, and Grim fell on top of them!

"Why is nothing ever easy for us?" Ace groaned as everyone got off him.

Ortho used his powers to catch Neige and gently place the RSA student on the sidewalk.

"Oh!" Ortho exclaimed before asking, "Are you ok?!"

"What do you think?!" Ace shouted annoyed as Deuce covered Ace's mouth with his hand.

They eventually stepped out of the ducks and went to dry off at the sidewalks. Ace and Ortho used their fire magic to warm themselves up along with the others.

"So, is this the city?" Jack asked as he took off his blue jacket to dry off.

"Yes!" Epel exclaimed before placing his hat back on his head to rush up the stairs to the streets, "We made it! How did he finally make a spell that worked for once?!"

The rest stepped outside and walked up the stairs to see the city. Although the city was different to where they lived, that is not what bothered them. No, what bothered them was the lack of people!

"Uh, so is this place deserted or what?" Najma asked confused before taking out her phone, "Strange, there is no single here either. Why is that?"

"I don't know" Deuce answered nervously, "But the people were so lively. They were out in the streets. They were throwing magic, talking with each other, and spreading goods! I don't understand what happened to them!"

They were troubled by this development as Neige looked around and took a few steps before gazing at the distance. The other freshmen followed him and saw the school, Noble Belle College. It was a grand school and holds a powerful, magical belle.

"Wow, that is a giant school!" Ace exclaimed in disbelief.

Neige held a saddened expression before holding his badge to use his magic. He suddenly felt faint by resting on his knees.

"Hey! Are you ok, Neige?" Yuu asked as she kneeled beside him for help.

"I'll be fine. I am sorry to worry you" he replied with a shake of his head, "I was trying to use my magic to find Aquamarine or Proserpina. However, when I did, a wave of exhaustion hit me"

"A wave of exhaustion..." Deuce wondered as he shared a nervous look with Sebek and Epel.

Ace scoffed before marching forward towards the school in the distance. Jack instinctively grabbed his collar to prevent him from walking away.

"We need a plan before marching in there" Jack answered with a glare as Epel sighed at another point he made.

"And Rollo does know who some of us are too" Epel spoke with a serious tone, "He'll definitely recognize us! How are we even supposed to handle this?!"

As the freshman soon dissolved into a loud argument, Yuu was looking at the school and noticed something wasn't correct with it. She turned to Neige who was still holding a reassuring expression even though he was exhausted. When she looked back at her classmates, she noticed they were oddly energetic and still full of energy.

"I think we noticed the same details" Neige spoke with a grin, "They're fine, but I am not. Something is eating away at the light magic, but dark magic remains unaffected. I wonder why"