Chapter 8: The Final Belle Ball

(And now, we have two more chapters to go! After that, this story is done! I will probably post my first book in the Twisted Hearts series. It would be best to post that book before I even start to work on Leona's book. Enjoy!)

                  "Woah!" the students shouted as they found themselves falling through the trap door.

Everyone fell with a thud and crushed most of the flowers with their bodies. They either groaned or moaned in pain, taking a few moments to recover.

"Well, that could've gone worse" Ace expressed with Deuce rolling over to see some of the flowers growing.

"No time! Start weeding!" Deuce shouted as he grabbed one flower and pulled it out of the ground with all his might.

The rest followed his example and soon, they were able to remove the flowers. They fell and took a moment to rest before gathering themselves.

"Ah! Yuu!" Grim shouted as he scurred up and stared upward to see the trap door closed, "But why does my henchman always feel the need to do this! It is not fair!"

Ortho picked up the monster cat as the freshman gathered around him. Each holding comforting expressions and trying to reassure him.

Ace added with annoyance and a smirk, "I know, right? Seriously don't know what is going through Yuu's mind, but we're not letting Yuu stay there alone!"

"Hey, Yuu's gonna be fine" Deuce reassured him with a ruffle, "There's no way that Yuu is losing to him"

"Let's not forget that Yuu saved us. Meaning Yuu had a plan, so we should carry out the rest of it" Jack reasoned with a knowing smile.

"She's super tough too!" Najma added with a grin, "We've got nothing to worry about if you ask me!"

"Yeah! She's handled every Overblot! Rollo's got nothing on her!" Epel encouraged with a grin.

"Yuu's powers and unquantifiable! I have no fear! We will meet with her again!" Ortho said with joy.

"Of course, she can handle herself! Why were we ever doubting such a thing?!" Sebek's voice boomed, "Now, we shall save our friend and reunite her with us and my liege. My liege!"

Everyone turned to Malleus who was doing his best to shout out in anger. Idia trembled, but he approached the dragon prince.

"Well, don't you dare beat yourself over this" Idia spoke with annoyance in his voice, "You weren't the only one who failed. I couldn't save Pina. We know Azul couldn't save Aquamarine either. So, just like us SSR Overblots, we failed together"

Malleus' eyes were wide at Idia's statement with Azul huffing in utter annoyance of agreement. Jamil snickered at Azul's defeat with Idia shaking his head at them.

"I know we are down, but we can't give up" Riddle spoke seriously, "Especially when we have so much on the line. We will need to ring the belle of Salvation again"

"Normally, I would agree with you, but we have other factors to consider now" Azul pointed out, "Even if Rollo is not in control of himself, that curse will know about our previous attempt that was successful and stop us from doing that again. Another factor we have to consider is my dear Aquamarine and Proserpina will be rough opponents to deal with. The last factor we must consider is Yuu. Yuu is arguably the strongest piece in all of this since she has a deep connection to Malleus"

They couldn't argue with the octopus's deduction and points, but they were not going to give up so easily. Though, it was hard to even think of a plan when their friends were in danger.

Ace groaned at their hesitance and shouted, "And I don't know what's more pathetic, us waiting here, or us not doing anything about it when we clearly can!"