Sprit's Eve

Fall was coming to an end, and it was finally time for Spirit's eve. Shane had to explain to Cosmo the tradition of dressing up and attending the festival where there was lots of food and candy to be had.

"What should I dress up as?" Cosmo would ask unsure of what was even a possibility. She didn't know where to start.

"Well...I'm going to be a skeleton. Jas is going to be a witch. Marnie is going to be a princess. I was thinking we could paint your face green and get you some antennas and you could be a green alien...since...well you kinda are one. Or would that be...offensive to you?" He chuckled a little bit nervously.

"That sounds like a good idea!" Cosmo agreed happily. Shane was relieved he hadn't offended her.

"Alright then! I'll order the supplies." Shane said, excited for the first time in so long about a holiday. Usually all they meant to him was a closed saloon...now he was actively participating. Jas was so excited about it.

Finally, the day came, and the festival began. Cosmo came to Marnie's ranch to get ready.

"Hey, Cosmo!" Shane greeted with a smile. "Come on, I've got the face paint ready." He motioned for her to come inside. He was wearing a long-sleeved shirt with bones on it and pants to match.

"Look Miss Cosmo! I'm a witch!" Jas said bouncing excitedly once Cosmo came in.

"Ah! So scary!" Cosmo played along. Jas giggled.

"Im a good witch though, not a scary one." Jas informed everyone.

"Awe." Cosmo grinned at how cute Jas was. Shane was beaming.

"Come on, let's get you green." Shane said motioning for Cosmo to come into the kitchen. "I have a silver jumpsuit for you too, so you look like you're wearing a space suit." Shane explained. "Go ahead and put that on first so we don't get green on your dress or raincoat. I hope I got the right size..." Shane said, opening the door to his room off the kitchen so she could change.

Cosmo entered his room and looked around for a brief moment. The beer cans that littered his room the last time she was in here were gone. Everything was pretty clean. She smiled and got changed before coming back out to the kitchen. She wasn't a small woman by any means, but it seemed like he got the right size after all. It was only slightly baggy on her.

"Looks good on you!" Shane smiled when she came back out.

"Is this what aliens are supposed to wear?" She asked curiously looking down at herself. She'd never seen clothes like this before.

"I mean...you're the only real alien I've ever seen...I think the only real one that's ever been to Earth. So... we don't really know what aliens wear. People will get it though. We have aliens in pop culture that wear stuff like this." Shane explained. Cosmo giggled a little and nodded.

"Alright. I am ready to be green now." She sat down at the kitchen table. He sat beside her and started using the face paint on her. He found himself blushing a little bit, touching her face like this. She was so soft, and she was staring at him with those big blue eyes.

"How do I look?" Cosmo asked as he finished up.

"See for yourself." Shane smiled handing her a hand mirror. Cosmo admired her green reflection with a giggle.

"This is so silly! I like it!" She smiled. Shane smiled back at her.

"I'm glad! Here are your antennas." He said placing a headband on her head that had little silver balls attached to springs. She giggled some more and shook her head a little bit causing them to wobble on her head.