Chapter 7

I was still grinning like an idiot when study hall was over. I just can't believe he actually likes me back. But the kiss...it was magical. No doubt about it.

I started walking to history class but then I bumped into someone. Or more like that person bumped into me.

"Hey! Watch where you're going, you stupid loser." A too familiar voice sneered at me.

"Look who's talking! Oh wait. You're too dumb to even know what that means. My bad." I said innocently.

Stacy narrowed her eyes at me. "Watch it. We wouldn't want you to end up in the principal office would we? You know, with the Election coming up and all." She said with fake sympathy.

I widened my eyes. Stacy is such a freaking tattletale. But she wouldn't tell on me to her mom would she?....You heard right. Her mom is the bloody principal of this school. That's just messed up and extremely biased.

"Oh Stacy, don't be such a bitch. Everyone knows you're all talk and no show. No wonder you don't have any friends. Besides, the only reason people even talk to you is because your mom is the principal. Otherwise, they wouldn't because you're such a bully. You're so mean to everyone.(Especially me)". I said harshly. I felt a bit guilty afterwards but it felt good to let all my feelings out.

She gaped at me for a second before replacing it with a smirk. " At least I can get boys. I heard you've never been kissed before. I'm not surprised really. You're such a prude."

I balled my fists. By now, what seems like half the school had crowded around us.

"Oh yeah? Don't believe everything you hear Stacy. Because if you do, then you would've heard that people have been calling you a slut behind your back. You know, since you can "get" boys." I yelled the last part, just to emphasize what she said earlier.

Now it was her turn to widen her eyes. She looked around but everyone seemed to be looking down, not meeting her eyes.

She diverted her eyes back to me. "That's it, Covington. You're going down."

Before I can acknowledge what she had said. A loud smacking sound was heard and all I can saw or feel was excruciating pain on my right cheek. Everything was silent. Then it happened.

I smacked her so hard that I think I broke her nose but my body was fueling with anger. I was about to smack her agin before a voice interrupted us.

"Stop it right there, Emily." Mrs. Buitron said. "Honestly, what is the matter with you?" She yelled.

Everyone scurried to their classes, not wanting to get in trouble with the principal. I tried to answer her but my mouth are glued together.

"And Stacy! I expected better from you." She said a bit softer but sternly to her daughter.

Then she stared at both of us. "I'm very disappointed in you girls. And Emily, I would have to call your parents so please follow me back to the office. Stacy, you come too." She said, before walking in the opposite direction.

On the entire walk back, I ducked my head low and think, no know, how much trouble I'm gonna be in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Emily! What were you thinking??" My mom yelled as soon as we got home.

"Well..I wasn't exactly thinking." I muttered to myself.

Unfortunately, she heard that. "You got that right! You know you could've been expelled right? Thank god we were good friends with the Buitrons, or else they might press charges." My mom screeched.

"Good friends, my ass." I mumbled.

"Your mom is right Em. This went way too far." My dad said softly, but I could still hear the firmness in his voice.

"She provoked me first mom! Besides, she was the one who attacked me first. I just fought her back in defense." Which was half-true, because there was no way I smacked her to protect myself.

"Fine, but that doesn't mean you're not grounded young lady, because you still are." She replied nonchalantly.

"You heard your mother. Today AND tomorrow." My dad included.

"Ugh seriously parents? You're gonna punish me for something I didn't even start?" I whined.

"Yes and be grateful you still get to be in the students election. If the principal didn't stop your fight just in time, you could have lost your chance to be president." My mom said softly.

"And then we would have to move to Texas! Yee-ha!" My dad added, suspiciously gleeful.

Oh damn. I didn't think about it. My parents are right. If I had hit her again, it could really jeopardize my chance to become president of StuCo. Which means...Stacy or the other candidate could win. What if the students who saw us fight think me as some kind of bully now? What if they won't vote for me because I'm not a good girl anymore? My face immediately paled at the thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! Chapter 7 is now up! I really hope you guys enjoy my story so far and please feel free to comment your opinions! Chapter 8 would probably be up tonight or early tomorrow so stay tune :)