The Circus

I randomly spawned in this bright place with many colors, freaking out. What happened? Why can't I take the headset off? I tried pulling at where it should be; unfortunately, it didn't work. I looked around. 

"Hello?! Where am I? Is someone there?" I heard a small gasp from somewhere. Then surprise, a flying man with a pair of teeth for a head came over. He was well dressed, a tophat floating above his teeth. 

"Welcome, newcomer! I assume you're wondering where you are, yes?" I nodded. 

"I-I put on some headset and I spawned here and now I can't take it off and-" He slapped his gloved hand over my mouth. 

"Calm down! Everyone who comes here is confused at first. You'll get used to it, I promise." I grabbed his hand and pushed it away, backing up. 

"This has to be a dream, this has to be a dream, this-" I kept telling myself this, running away from the teeth man. As I was running, I tripped over what seemed to be a pillow. I crashed into the floor. I picked myself up, turning to see a pile of pillows. There was a chess piece with eyes staring at me. I'm guessing it was one of the people here, but I screamed in terror because yes. He screamed as well, hiding in the pillows. 

"Hey wait! I'm sorry, you just scared me.. Do you know what this place is?" He popped back out. It took a while for him to start talking; he stared at me for a good while. 

"This is where I've been trapped for forever, and you'll be trapped as well. There is no exit! Wait, did you say something about an insect collection?" I felt so confused. Insect collection? Was this guy crazy? 

"No, I didn't.." He let out a hum of thought, before staring at me more. Then he randomly screamed. I jumped when he did so. 

"What was that for?!.." I asked. He slapped his hand against his forehead (?). 

"My bad, just got a bit startled.." Oh boy, this was going to be a long day. Month? Year? I don't even know anymore.