Chapter 23

_ . _

Chapter 23

After the brief breakfast, Samael and Erichthonius readied themselves to depart from their abode. Samael was wearing a simple white palla with an outline of gold fabric as his upper garment and clean white loose pants on his lower body. Erichthonius, on the other hand, was wearing a clean white long sola that spanned down his ankle and a golden robe covering his outer garments. The two of them walked down the interconnected stairs from each side; they both halted when they met at the bottom of the stairs, looking at each other's clothes.

Samael arched his brows and gazed at the young king up and down. "What is that clothing? Are you trying to look holy?" He spoke with a voice of sarcasm.

"I only cooperated with the priestesses who tend to my clothing choices," Erichthonius replied with a small grin on his lips.

Looking at the young king's grin, Samael could feel his blood boiling in annoyance and turned around with his brows knitted into a frown and his lips pouting. "Whatever. Suit yourself."

He was about to wait at the entrance of the door when Erichthonius grabbed his right wrist and pulled him closer. Samael's guard was down, perhaps because his mind was elsewhere, but he was taken aback when he felt a hand wrapping around his waist. Samael's brows twitched when he felt the young king's lips brushing on his exposed left shoulder. He tried to struggle from his grasp, but the young king wouldn't let him go.

Samael could feel his veins popping up on the edge of his forehead as he spoke, "Your Majesty, can you refrain your unnecessary clinginess? How many times have I mentioned this? Don't tell me you're turning a deaf ear in front of your wife?"

"No, I'm not," Erichthonius replied as he buried his face on Samael's shoulder. "I feel at ease when I'm embracing you. I like it."

"Well, I don't," Samael replied immediately. "It feels uncomfortable being locked in a man's arms. My movements are being restrained; it also feels stuffy."

"Then get used to it," Erichthonius replied.

Samael heaved a breath to not let his anger get the best of him, trying to refrain his fist from punching Erichthonius' face. Ever since he mentioned to him at the banquet on the Palace of Olympus that they must act affectionately toward each other in order to fool the gods, the young king's clinginess started to take over like a deadly plague. It's not like he can do something about it. Erichthonius is his husband after all, and his wife must tend to his husband's needs.

But every day?! After waking up, taking a bath together, in the dining hall, or even in the garden? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I should've had a pet snake wrapped around me instead of a man. This is plain torture, Erich!

Maybe because of Samael's thinning patience, he unconsciously blurted the young king's name as he spoke. "Ugh, Erich, enough of this. The carriage will arrive soon."

"....."

"....." Samael turned around in bewilderment and called him out. "Your majesty?"

As he turned around, he was greeted with two golden eyes staring right into him; they were radiating a glow as if they had discovered something interesting. Samael felt strange with Erichthonius' gaze, so he slightly pushed him in order to escape free from his arms. Samael averted his gaze and spoke, "Let's go to the door now. The carriage must be waiting."