017💙

Esmè's head was a complete mess. Someone had hurt her little girl. But she wasn't telling her who it was.

She was adamant she wasn't going to take her back to nursery. She had talked to Max who had allowed her to put Abigail into the crèche. She was thankful that she could keep an eye on her.

It was scary to think that someone had hurt her little girl and she couldn't even talk to her. She was three years old and she had no idea.

Tom had been staying with them both to make sure his little girl was okay. He felt sick at the thought he hadn't been able to protect her. He was blaming himself.

Esmè hated how tense things with Tom had been. They weren't talking. And when they did, they would blame each other.

It was hard and scary. Esmè felt like the worst mum ever. And she didn't know how to cope with all that had happened.

Abigail had been quiet. And Esmè hated it. She hated how her own little girl couldn't even talk to her.

All she knew was that things had changed. She had no idea how to make it work.

Morning came and Esmè was sitting on the sofa. She hadn't slept properly since she had found out. She wiped away some tears.

"Mummy?"

Esmè looked up as Abigail walked in. Esmè held her arms out and Abigail cuddled into her. She yawned. "I see auntie Mia?" She asked.

Esmè nodded and smiled. "You can see her today."

"I sleep her house too? I like it there," Abigail said with a smile. "I like it here too."

"I'll talk to Mia at work okay?"

"Otay mummy."

Tom walked in. He glared to Esmè. "I don't want her staying anywhere. She's to be with us at all times," he said.

Esmè rolled her eyes. She sighed. "Oh please. She's safe with Mia. You know she is," she told him.

"I'm her dad. And I'm saying no."

***

Esmè went into school. She looked to her best friend as she walked over. "Hey. How's my number one?" Mia asked

Esmè nodded. "She wants to come and stay with you tonight. I told her I'd ask you," she said.

Mia smiled. "She's always welcome. I love having her. She makes me smile," she told her.

"Thanks. Tom and I are arguing a lot. He blames me for what's happened to Abi. I'm sick of it Mia. I'm not to blame."

"No you're not. And he shouldn't make you feel like you are to blame," Mia told her.

Esmè hated how things had changed. It wasn't fair. And she felt like she needed to somehow make it work.

***

All too soon, Esmè walked into the house. Tom was there. "Where's Abigail?" He asked.

"She's staying with Mia tonight. I don't want her around us while we're arguing," she told him.

Tom glared. "I told you. I don't want her staying anywhere! Do you not listen?!" He yelled.

Esmè rolled her eyes. She glared. "You're a joke. You're blaming me for what's happened. Just admit it Tom!"

"Yes! Yes I do blame you. You're the reason my daughter has been abused!" Tom yelled as he walked off.

But with Esmè and Tom blaming each other for what happened, could they overcome it all?